Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear helpful & knowledgable Turner Homers,

I have a 1.5" headtubed bike along with my favored RFX, Problem is I want to run a 1 1/8" headset to mate with my new PIKE!

Is the 'Problem Solver brand' headset reducer a good one. It looks like two solid hunks of metal that the original headset will press inside of. Stong but heavy.

I was hoping someone has heard of this product. Should I use it or get an e-13 reducer?

Shaheeb

·
Registered
178 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
Dear helpful & knowledgable Turner Homers,

I have a 1.5" headtubed bike along with my favored RFX, Problem is I want to run a 1 1/8" headset to mate with my new PIKE!

Is the 'Problem Solver brand' headset reducer a good one. It looks like two solid hunks of metal that the original headset will press inside of. Stong but heavy.

I was hoping someone has heard of this product. Should I use it or get an e-13 reducer?

Shaheeb
I'm using the FSA brand reducer cups in my imperial. They work fine, no problems...
I bought them before the e13 internal headset cups were available. The 1.5 reducer cups that you add a 1 1/8 headset to will add around 10mm to your stack height. If I was to do it all over again I would definatley go with the e13.

take a look at greenfish, they have a deal going on for the e13 cups w/ a cane creek IS-2 headset combo for around $50.00

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
I went through the same problem when I wanted to ditch the Lefty on my CDale frame. The best option I found at the time was the Cane Creek Double XC headset. Its a 1.5 inch headset with built in reducers to let you run in the 1 1/8" forks.

I used mine for 2-3 years and it was great, felt buttery smooth as long as I used it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts