Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I want to get into downhill biking and races but the problem is, where I live here in Ottawa, On Canada theres no downhill courses at all and i'm only 16 and don't drive yet and my parents don't drive either, so what do I do? Is there another way of getting to downhill areas??

Thanks!

Jack

·
Registered
643 Posts
heres my question...

i dont really know how to help u in this case besides what others have already posted, but if ur parents dont drive, where and how do u get an income and are able to afford a bike...much less anyhting else. and how do u get around.

I suppose on your bike

·
Registered
180 Posts
ilikepinkbikes said:
i dont really know how to help u in this case besides what others have already posted, but if ur parents dont drive, where and how do u get an income and are able to afford a bike...much less anyhting else. and how do u get around.

I suppose on your bike
very very true

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey! LOL well i'm not poor at all, my parent make enuff money just they never got a car lol they take the bus or walk or w/e. Its way cheaper and gives you allot more excersice. Also I have a pretty good job and make enuff money so i'm able to buy 4000$+ bikes pretty easy. About the taking the bus thing, I could buy a bus ticket but how would I take my bike with me on the bus? I don't think theres any room for a 40 pound downhill bike in the luggage comparment and I don;'t think they would let me take it on the bus lol. Any suggestions on this? Also does anyone live in Ottawa who races??

Thanks!

Jack

·
Registered
643 Posts
Jacques12345 said:
Hey! LOL well i'm not poor at all, my parent make enuff money just they never got a car lol they take the bus or walk or w/e. Its way cheaper and gives you allot more excersice. Also I have a pretty good job and make enuff money so i'm able to buy 4000$+ bikes pretty easy. About the taking the bus thing, I could buy a bus ticket but how would I take my bike with me on the bus? I don't think theres any room for a 40 pound downhill bike in the luggage comparment and I don;'t think they would let me take it on the bus lol. Any suggestions on this? Also does anyone live in Ottawa who races??

Thanks!

Jack
u must live pretty close to the city or whatever or in the city at that...but ussually alot of buses have bike racks on the front of them where u can strap your bike in. I live in California so i don know whats its like in ottowa, but hopefully u get to race...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Jacques12345 said:

Thanks!

Jack
i asume you know how to take your cranks wheels and forks and bars off. so go to a lbs and get a bike box stuff your bike in there. and put ur bike under the bus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.