Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little problem here, has been trying to find a brake adaptor with 69mm eye-eye on the fork mount but no avil. I can use Hayes or Shimano XT brakes.

Is there anyone out there using the same fork (yes I know, its a bit old) ?

I have a millenium SC fork which can fit in a 203mm shimano adaptor but this is 2000 editon and the mount is welded onto the fork unlike the 99 X-vert.

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Man those forks are classic.

You might have to get one fabricated since the mount doesn't look like it'd be easily found anywhere. But you never know you might be able to find something online...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a set of older Hayes, and the front is a 69mm post mount. Currently it is on an older marzocchi z-1 with its own funky-old school mounting issues. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you might be interested in this nice/old set of brakes. I have plenty of stuff laying around could be convinced to sell these if you are stuck. [email protected]

Jer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup... I know...

You're right there Imperial and Comtbiker12, these 2 forks are for collection purposes. I'm now using a camo Firefly SPV on my Intense.

Was planning to put the Millenium on a 5.5 or SC Chamelon. As for the X-vert DC it will either be hung on the wall or on a Uzzi unless I find the adaptor.

rep_1969: sorry dude, I've no idea on that...

VPser: I'll send you an e-mail afterwards.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D at first I was thinking of hanging them on the wall, but on the 2nd thought its better for them to be on bikes (not for thrashing though) so at least once in a while I can use them for cruise rides and make sure the TPC+ dosn't go rusty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.