Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos from the Pro Men's cross country race Saturday at the Pro XCT finals. On my blog, I also have more photos and a little write up on the Pro XCT cross country.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
rough weekend for my girl out there. after a mediocre TT she flopped on the XC course. things were marginally better on sunday in the circuit race, but still not great. so much to learn...

·
Living Large in Germany
105 Posts
whybotherme said:
rough weekend for my girl out there. after a mediocre TT she flopped on the XC course. things were marginally better on sunday in the circuit race, but still not great. so much to learn...
So I'm at a loss of whom you are referring to, I apologize for not knowing as I just don't follow this board as close as I probably should. As the venue guy for this race I would be really interested in hearing her/your thoughts good or bad about the courses. From what I'm hearing our courses in the 'Springs are some of the most technical the Pro's see on the XCT circuit but not necessarily as hard as what they see at the World Cups. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
261 Posts
whybotherme said:
5 to 6 days into altitude aclimation might be the worst time to post good results. I'm sure it will pay dividends to her next weekend at the Nats. Best of luck to her there. I'll there, sharing a condo with Gary Douville, looking to test my lungs and legs against the other old guys.

·
Registered
338 Posts
bena1916 said:
So I'm at a loss of whom you are referring to, I apologize for not knowing as I just don't follow this board as close as I probably should. As the venue guy for this race I would be really interested in hearing her/your thoughts good or bad about the courses. From what I'm hearing our courses in the 'Springs are some of the most technical the Pro's see on the XCT circuit but not necessarily as hard as what they see at the World Cups. Thanks for any input.
He's talking about his wife, Allison Mann.... A certified bad ass in my book:
http://www.allisonmann.net

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
stillhardtailing said:
5 to 6 days into altitude aclimation might be the worst time to post good results. I'm sure it will pay dividends to her next weekend at the Nats. Best of luck to her there. I'll there, sharing a condo with Gary Douville, looking to test my lungs and legs against the other old guys.
I sure hope so!

Are you guys staying up at Sol Vista, or down in the valley and driving up? Hope to see you when you get in!

·
Registered
261 Posts
miss rides a lot said:
I sure hope so!

Are you guys staying up at Sol Vista, or down in the valley and driving up? Hope to see you when you get in!
We're staying at the Mountainside Condos in Granby. We get to Denver around noon on Thursday and plan to head straight up, assemble the bikes, and take a lap. Hopefully they'll have the course marked off by then.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
stillhardtailing said:
We're staying at the Mountainside Condos in Granby. We get to Denver around noon on Thursday and plan to head straight up, assemble the bikes, and take a lap. Hopefully they'll have the course marked off by then.
I talked to a guy named Keith this evening and he said it would be marked before dark tonight.

Sorry for the OT :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts