Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buying a new handlebar and was looking at 3 different ones... the Answer Protaper (DH version obviously) the Azonic Double Wall and the Race Face Diabolous.... all of them are the normal size (don't know the numbers... the one that isn't oversized) and I was going with Pro Taper... I always heard this bars are the BEST... but when I was searching more info about it I heard that some people are bending them REALLY easily… witch one should I buy? Should I trust on the ProTaper?

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
i got a azonic double wall on my STP right now and i love it. i had one on my specialized before and it took a hell of a beating. it would be on my stp but i decided to just buy a new one so the bike looked nice and fresh. with out all the scratches i had on my older ones. on my DH bike i got the diabolus' though and so far they're just as stiff. lastly my brother has ridden nothing but pro tapers for years now and never had any sort of issues withem. my only beef with the protapers is i cant find them in 710mm. so in essence, they're all bad ass bars.

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
don't worry, alu will probably snap before it bends, so you'll have a horrible crash instead of a funny-looking bent handlebar. :p

(aside from carbon and super lightweight xc bars, breaking handlebars is pretty rare. my current favorites are the EA70 monkeybars, pretty light but still stupidly strong. definitely not the "hucker handlebar" thouh...)

·
Registered
637 Posts
i love my double walls and diabolus bars. Doesn't make a difference which one you get, but the shiny finish on the double walls sure does look nice. A friend broke a Titec Ringleader Dh bar. That was surprising :confused: .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.