Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
Breaking forum rules

It's more of an unwritten rule NOT to post threads of "cool finds" or "scores" of listing on CL or Ebay unless you have already "scored" it. It ruins the fun factor for everyone who may be looking for that particular item. The people doing this, think that they are doing a service to the VRC community by "outing" these finds. Most forum members are already doing regular searches for any and all VRC pieces out there in cyberspace. Threads like these are most unwelcomed. If you know of a forum member who you know is looking for that particular item that you have come upon, by all means shoot them a PM, which will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
Breaking forum rules

Unless of course you're Velovulture who deeply appreciates it!

·
mtbr memeber
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YETIFIED said:
Most forum members are already doing regular searches for any and all VRC pieces out there in cyberspace.
Yes, and who knows how long it would have taken for someone who was searching for that to actually find that listing as the seller seems to have not been able to spell Mert's name correctly.

Anyway, sorry. I won't do it again. I just thought it was pretty cool and that people here would like to see the pics even if they didn't score it for themselves.

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
jpre said:
Yes, and who knows how long it would have taken for someone who was searching for that to actually find that listing as the seller seems to have not been able to spell Mert's name correctly.

Anyway, sorry. I won't do it again. I just thought it was pretty cool and that people here would like to see the pics even if they didn't score it for themselves.
you can feel free to forward all the cool finds on to me directly;)

G

·
Fillet-brazed said:
Sky will have to beat me to it. Ive got a nice headstart on him. ;)
then good luck to you. it's only a 2 hours drive... did i mention that i am going to retire in NoCal soon and then will lurk around on CL day and night? ah, dreaming...

Carsten

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
MTBR History

Most of the people in this forum may not know it...but JPre goes way, way back as a forum member. Long before the days of Vbulliten. JPre is good people.

JP, it's not against the rules to make a post like this, but sometimes if another forum member is trying to land such a bike, the competition goes way up when something is 'outted'. No stress buddy.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
Carsten said:
then good luck to you. it's only a 2 hours drive... did i mention that i am going to retire in NoCal soon and then will lurk around on CL day and night? ah, dreaming...

Carsten
We've got a pretty strict NorCal pecking order for vintage scores...but I couldn't hurt to have another vintage guy around. ;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Rumpfy said:
We've got a pretty strict NorCal pecking order for vintage scores...but I couldn't hurt to have another vintage guy around. ;)
Speaking of the pecking order, was I the only one to see the Grove hothead yesterday? Yes I got it.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
Boy named SSue said:
Speaking of the pecking order, was I the only one to see the Grove hothead yesterday? Yes I got it.
You must have been.

I was working on another gem that ended up not materializing. :(

Nice score!

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
jpre said:

Hey no worries my man. It's definitely a cool bike. I had already seen it as it took me only a few minutes to find it as I go page to page. By the way, this is not the first time that bike has been posted on CL. This is the second time I've happened by it, but I'm not in the market for one. He probably wants some good coin for it. We have a local museum here in the Bay Area that has some of the original Repack riders bikes on display, very cool.

·
Registered
936 Posts
On the ones I have seen, that third bar goes from the head tube to the seat tube. That one seems to go to the top tube. Is that because it is a small frame size?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts