Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any good riding in the area. may be coming that way.

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any one do any riding around there

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so whats the riding like around there like?

·
CrgCrkRyder
2,371 Posts
so whats the riding like around there like?
Princeton is a little out of my turf. Rocky, steep, lots of climbing is the norm in the WVA/VA border region.

If you are just coming for a visit, Pandapas Pond on Rt 460 near Blacksburg is not that far from Princeton. It is an established well marked trail system with probably a good 25 miles or so. If you are considering a move, I think you would find plenty to ride closer to Princeton. Plenty of back country national forest stuff there, some new stuff being built on the NF in Virginia as we speak near I-77. There's a few MTBR members from over that way, but i guess they have not checked in recently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's a decent municipal park in Bluefield for mountain riding. Runs from tight winding single track to fast double track, some pretty nasty climbs in a few places though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
is there any good riding in the area. may be coming that way.
I lived in Princeton for three years, I wasn't riding much at the time, but there are some trails there. The Bluefield park system is your best bet and is 15 min or so from most of Princeton. If your on or near 460 Pandapas pond is 35 to 40 min to the East, and provides a greater variety of trails.

I gotta ask, are you planning on moving to Princeton?

·
the mountian is within
543 Posts
Also-Pinnacle Rock State Park-7mi good stuff. Round Mtn in Bastian Va....it is a new FS project-already about 10mi trails in-up to 50mi when done. Glenwood Park in Princeton is good-but just had the system wrecked for a walking path-meh....but it will be fixed agin i'm sure. Actually,there are more trails in the region than we can ride-you just have to ask the MTB shop(mine) for dirrections!

·
Registered
432 Posts
What underpar and 29buzz said. Hit me up with a private message and I'll give you details and numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts