Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows what the MSRP are going to be on the Reba and the Pike. This has probobly already been discussed but I really want to know so I can get a general idea of how much I need to save.
BTW... When are these coming out??

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
geddy2112 said:
I was wondering if anybody knows what the MSRP are going to be on the Reba and the Pike. This has probobly already been discussed but I really want to know so I can get a general idea of how much I need to save.
I don't think they exist. They've been running full page ads for these two shocks in all the magazines for several months but they still haven't shown up in retail channels.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
There was mention of this somewhere a while back. I think it was in a magazine. The Reba should be in the fivehundreds and the Pike in the six's if I reemmber correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
geddy2112 said:
i was actually interested in these myself and i saw awhile back it was listed somewhere. i don't remember where, but i wrote it down. i think reba is between $400-$600 depending on what model you get and pike is $450-$560 again depending on the model.

·
Registered
629 Posts
www.the-red-pill.com

That site has most of the info youll need on the two new models, and the video is pretty cool too. The pike looks like its struck a balance between the Psylo and Boxxer, and the Reba looks like a cross between a SID and a Psylo at only 3.5 pounds. Im saving up :)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Rockshox told em the Reba is more like the Duke's successor, while the latter is said to still be offered in 2005. The 29" Reba is already tested to be much closer to a White Brothers than a Marzocchi Marathon, in terms of stiffness. I want one for racinfg, although the WB will be lighter.
The Pike at first seemed like a competitior for the Manitou Minute, but actually almost weighs double. So it's more like a high-tech Dirt Jumper.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The Pike at first seemed like a competitior for the Manitou Minute, but actually almost weighs double. So it's more like a high-tech Dirt Jumper.
the site says the pike is 4.9 pounds at heaviest. The minute weighs in at around 3.8 pounds, so its a noticeable difference, but not huge of the kind of riding these forks are supposed to do. I think that pike will be competing with the Manitou Nixon, Sherman, and a few of the Shermans, and the Marzocchi Z series. The DJ is far from being as technologically advanced as these forks.

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
Prices are already found in JensonUSA

geddy2112 said:

I saw the prices for all models of Reba and Pike on JensonUSA.....

they look pertty good :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts