Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Niterider Storm 2.0 HID headlamp from pricepoint for $300. After waiting three weeks for it to arrive (I live in Canada), I was so excited. I would finally be able to ride during the week after work again! Much to my dismay, they had sent me one which had obviously been returned to them previously as defective! The package was not factory sealed, and the box (not the shipping box, but the NiteRider box) was in rough shape. When I called their customer service to request that they exchange it and ship me a new one with a courier service at their expense so I wouldn't have to wait another three weeks, they informed me that was not an option. I'm returning it to pricepoint and I've ordered another one from another retailer...one that hopefully treats their customers better!

more details and pics here

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SeanL said:
Wow. I ordered that same exact light from them and got a brand new one, prompt delivery, no hassles. I'm glad I didn't have that kind of trouble.
No complaint about the delivery time, as it was within the 7-14 days specified on their site for Canadian orders, but the fact they couldn't go "the extra mile" to correct their obvious error was very dissapointing.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Weird.....

Tom, that's weird. I've had excusively good experiences from them in the past (ordering multiple times per year over the last 5+ years). What sux most is the fact that they just didn't ship you a new one and take care of the shipping on the one they sent originally - making you a customer for life.

Something to consider.....I'm sure they get all kinds of shisters sending them back stuff that was purchased elsewhere with the "my stuff arrived broke" line, but they certainly could've taken care of you better in this instance. On that note, I don't agree with Synchro's "canadian conspiracy theory" as I know several Canuck friends that have ordered from them successfully in the past.

Chers,
EBX

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have had a good experience with price Point up until the last time I used them. I ordered both a 2.1 and 2.3 Huchison Python tires. I received a 2.1 and a 2.1 mounted on the Huchison 2.3 pakaging. You still with me? Somebody had put a 2.1 tire on the 2.3 cardboard backer. It's hard to see where that would be an accident. It was too much trouble to return, so now I am stuck with a tire I didn't order

·
Registered
388 Posts
santacruzer said:
I have had a good experience with price Point up until the last time I used them. I ordered both a 2.1 and 2.3 Huchison Python tires. I received a 2.1 and a 2.1 mounted on the Huchison 2.3 pakaging. You still with me? Somebody had put a 2.1 tire on the 2.3 cardboard backer. It's hard to see where that would be an accident. It was too much trouble to return, so now I am stuck with a tire I didn't order
so, lets get this straight. because the tire was packaged wrong, probably at the factory and you're too f***ing lazy to send it back, it's pricepoint's fault. right.

·
Registered
388 Posts
_tom_ said:
I ordered a Niterider Storm 2.0 HID headlamp from pricepoint for $300. After waiting three weeks for it to arrive (I live in Canada), I was so excited. I would finally be able to ride during the week after work again! Much to my dismay, they had sent me one which had obviously been returned to them previously as defective! The package was not factory sealed, and the box (not the shipping box, but the NiteRider box) was in rough shape. When I called their customer service to request that they exchange it and ship me a new one with a courier service at their expense so I wouldn't have to wait another three weeks, they informed me that was not an option. I'm returning it to pricepoint and I've ordered another one from another retailer...one that hopefully treats their customers better!

more details and pics here
was there a problem with the light or was the packaging (that you'd probably just throw away anyway) just wrinkled? see where i'm going with this.

·
Registered
686 Posts
dirtdonk said:
so, lets get this straight. because the tire was packaged wrong, probably at the factory and you're too f***ing lazy to send it back, it's pricepoint's fault. right.
If you would spit your piss covered wheaties out of your mouth...
After looking at the packaging I could tell that the tire had been repackaged on the 2.3 board. I didn't send it back because it's too much trouble, I'll use the second tire sometime.
Then again I am too lazy to respond to your ignorant post.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Actually he implies it was defective more than states what made it defective. Instead of saying just what was defective, he said the box wasn't factory sealed and the box was damaged. I'm not sure what the photo of the light proves or not and the photo of the box shows damage, but only looks to be a minor cosmetic flaw. I'd like some clarification on what was defective about the light; did the OP charge it and test it? For all I know Canadian Customs opened it up and damaged the box in the process.

Not enough info to bash PP yet. Personally I've had a great experience with PP each time I've ordered.

ps I just went to take another look at the photos I saw originally posted and now can't see anything...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I ordered a carbon bar from Price Point on Sunday afternoon, got it just now. Had immediate emails from them, and an email from UPS as soon as they received shipping info. It was in a sealed up Easton box, seems new :) Now all I need is a stem!!

also, had ordered it through the cheapest UPS shipping method (ground, probably usually 3-5 days). I guess since it came out of Anaheim and I'm only an hour south I lucked out!

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
I knew before even reading this thread that the OP would have less than 10 posts to his name. I am focking sick and tired of people bashing good online stores with this kind of dribble. Poor packaging my anus. Dribble I say, dribble.

I have had nothing but good expereinces with PricePoint. Long live PricePoint.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dirdir said:
I knew before even reading this thread that the OP would have less than 10 posts to his name. I am focking sick and tired of people bashing good online stores with this kind of dribble. Poor packaging my anus. Dribble I say, dribble.

I have had nothing but good expereinces with PricePoint. Long live PricePoint.
If you click the link in my original post, you'll see I spend most of my time on the NSMB (North Shore Mountain Biking) forums. I lurk here once in a while, but don't have much to add to threads about riding in places I have no idea about. I just thought I'd get the word out on a more "American-based" forum (there's that whole "Canadian conspiracy" thing again ;p)

For the record:

1. The light was defective. After charging the battery, it did not work.
2. The condition of the package indicates to me that a customer previously returned it as defective, then an employee of pricepoint simply put it back on the shelf for someone to pick it and then it was sent to me.
3. If the light worked, I could have cared less about the packaging.
4. All I wanted was for them to correct their obvious mistake by shipping me a functioning product ASAP. Sending it US postal, then through Canada customs, then Canada Post is NOT as soon as possible. It took 3 WEEKS the first time. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
_tom_ said:
I just thought I'd get the word out on a more "American-based" forum (there's that whole "Canadian conspiracy" thing again
Even if everything you said is true, I don't think the "word" needed to get out. Post away, this is an open forum. However, I am still sick and tired of the "bash good online store" posts.

PS: There could be countless reasons why the package was in the condition it was. Speculation is speculation, nothing more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Speculation ?

Not sure what your point is? I'll type s l o w l y, the light was broken, not working, understand. A reputation is earned by the collection of customers good and bad experiences. The packaging was damaged and the light didn't work, and a number of things could have caused this certainly, but if shipping product is your business you should know how to do this so it arrives undamaged, and functioning. This is not complicated, either the claim is legit or fraudulant. If it is legit good customer service means you do everything you can to satisfy your customer. If this is an exception for Price Point customer service it still doesn't excuse it.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Being outside the US, sometimes I wonder myself if the savings are worth the trouble.

Sheit can happen and will happen.

One of the few times I had ordered from outside Mexico, I ordered from Pricepoint... guess what?? No hassle.

Next time verify if the article you're buying has a represetative in your country. It might save you lots of problems.

The fact that they don't want to pay courier for an item you didn't, it's reasonable... even if the stuff is defective. It's fair. You want an online store that gives you more than fair treatment and that's perfectly fine! But you gotta look elsewhere.

I think they weren't denying anything that they had offered.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
1yellowbrick said:
Not sure what your point is? I'll type s l o w l y, the light was broken, not working, understand. A reputation is earned by the collection of customers good and bad experiences. The packaging was damaged and the light didn't work, and a number of things could have caused this certainly, but if shipping product is your business you should know how to do this so it arrives undamaged, and functioning. This is not complicated, either the claim is legit or fraudulant. If it is legit good customer service means you do everything you can to satisfy your customer. If this is an exception for Price Point customer service it still doesn't excuse it.
Point = I am sick of posters with a total of 4 posts bashing good online stores about crap like packaging. I don't give a fock if the light was broken or not or if PricePoint was in the right or wrong.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dirdir said:
Point = I am sick of posters with a total of 4 posts bashing good online stores about crap like packaging. I don't give a fock if the light was broken or not or if PricePoint was in the right or wrong.
i agree. i'm not going to say that price point has typically poor service or poor customer service, quite the opposite has been my experience over the last five years or so. its more a matter of expectations. if you expect to have more than walmart quality service then you should be willing to pay for it or not whine when it is not delivered.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.