Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called price point at 1030 am to get a price on a 2005 Vanilla R w/out the headset that they offer with it. I was quoted $329- instead of $409 package price, good deal. I'm at work, got a page and had to go so I call back to order the fork 1-2hrs later and I'm told that the prices had been changed just 20 minutes before my second call and it is now $379- which is still an O.K. price it's the principle. So a politely start to give the guy some **** and have him honor the lower price. His "manager" wouldn't budge, then he hung up on me while I was talking. I've always used Cambria bikes or Price point but it's Cambria now on, cust serv. at cambria know their **** and they don't have a F'in rude Arab accent like P point which makes me wonder if my call is being sub'd out over seas. Every time I call p point I think I dialed 7-11 by accident.

Make someone happy and they will tell 1 person, piss someone off and they will tell 100!

Later!
 

·
Foreign Entity
Joined
·
275 Posts
That's really weird that Otto was like that, he's always been awesome everytime I've dealt with him.
Heck, one time I called on my cellphone and lost the signal and HE called me back right away!

BTW, the calls aren't sub'd overseas, he's right there in their office.
Hopefully you only caught him on a bad day, it's unfortunate but it happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
For what's it worth I've always had good luck dealing with pricepoint. Never a issue. Manu of there is friendly and seems to know what's up.... So basicaly you declined the offer for the fork at the cheaper price, called back and since then they increased the price... sounds to me like you should have bought it at the cheaper price when it was offered... I noticed they just increased the price of a few of their products I was looking at....
better luck next time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
I have used pricepoint and have had very good luck with them 2x now. I have heard only a 40/60 on cambria. So I agree with felpur, maybe I don't know exactly but could have asked them to hold the price until U got back. But then again sometimes it is good to hear about bad things with these online stores. It only makes me wish my lbs would not be so stuck on themselves. the performance store in my area is very good with customer service.

Felpur said:
For what's it worth I've always had good luck dealing with pricepoint. Never a issue. Manu of there is friendly and seems to know what's up.... So basicaly you declined the offer for the fork at the cheaper price, called back and since then they increased the price... sounds to me like you should have bought it at the cheaper price when it was offered... I noticed they just increased the price of a few of their products I was looking at....
better luck next time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,140 Posts
I will check with price point

Let me double check with pricepoint. I will call next week asking for the price of the sam e item as you did to determine if price point will give me same response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Felpur said:
For what's it worth I've always had good luck dealing with pricepoint. Never a issue. Manu of there is friendly and seems to know what's up.... So basicaly you declined the offer for the fork at the cheaper price, called back and since then they increased the price... sounds to me like you should have bought it at the cheaper price when it was offered... I noticed they just increased the price of a few of their products I was looking at....
better luck next time
Dude, I work in a hospital,my beeper went off,I had to go( hopefully the person taking care of you someday isn't buying sh!t on line instead of answering his beeper) so I said I would call back to buy it. They know when the prices change. Based on the fact that I spoke to them and called back the same salesman they should have honored the price. It's not the money, $50- BFD. I've worked/ran bike/ski shops for years and know what cust. serv. is. It would have been a better business decision to honor the price then to p.o. a regular customer. I said to the salesman," c'mon I just called you an hour ago" his response was " it wouldn't make a difference if you called me 2 minutes ago"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Cry me a river,

PS whats with the Arab comments, what a looser.

Go ride off a cliff, complain about your issues and we will listen - complain about your issues using racist comments and you get what you deserve.

PP has done right by me sounds like you had the problem not them.
 

·
Faller - Expert Class
Joined
·
647 Posts
Fwiw

I dealt with PricePoint once, and actually plan on doing business with them in the future. I ordered an '05 RaceFace stem and they sent me the '04. I called them, and the salesperson went directly to the warehouse and checked, before calling ME back. He then said just to send it back, and they would credit my account along with the price of shipping it back.

Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Unshaven Yak
Joined
·
503 Posts
Have ordered tons of stuff from them over the last couple of years. No complaints here, just exactly what I ordered in a box on my doorstep.

The arab comments you can keep you yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plate said:
Cry me a river,

PS whats with the Arab comments, what a looser.

Go ride off a cliff, complain about your issues and we will listen - complain about your issues using racist comments and you get what you deserve.

PP has done right by me sounds like you had the problem not them.
They were rude and that's how they sounded. I have bought tons of parts from PP so I don't expect to be treated like that. Also With my new fork from Cambria I can ride of a cliff

PS. How do you wear a helmet when you ride with that towel on your head looser?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stinky Wiz said:
Have ordered tons of stuff from them over the last couple of years. No complaints here, just exactly what I ordered in a box on my doorstep.

The arab comments you can keep you yourself.
They're rude, they've always sound a little shady on the phone at PP,trying to wheel and deal like some street vendor in NYC and people are to F'in sensitive with any comment regarding a race even if it has a hint of being true. I don't go for the P.C. stuff .I base my opinions upon my experiences Say how you feel, I know I will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,658 Posts
While I sympathize...

cxoffers said:
Called price point at 1030 am to get a price on a 2005 Vanilla R w/out the headset that they offer with it. I was quoted $329- instead of $409 package price, good deal. I'm at work, got a page and had to go so I call back to order the fork 1-2hrs later and I'm told that the prices had been changed just 20 minutes before my second call and it is now $379- which is still an O.K. price it's the principle. So a politely start to give the guy some **** and have him honor the lower price. His "manager" wouldn't budge, then he hung up on me while I was talking. I've always used Cambria bikes or Price point but it's Cambria now on, cust serv. at cambria know their **** and they don't have a F'in rude Arab accent like P point which makes me wonder if my call is being sub'd out over seas. Every time I call p point I think I dialed 7-11 by accident.

Make someone happy and they will tell 1 person, piss someone off and they will tell 100!

Later!
with you for them changing prices(wrong thing to do) you compounded the error by immediately them a ration of crap. Probably the dumbest thing you could have done. No one has to take verbal abuse from anyone whether it be face to face or over the phone. You went from being in a good position to being just another load mouthed jerk. Better luck next time. It ain't cool to badmouth people. Especially since you don't know what they've been told to do or their policies.

Another clown with no patience bites the dust. Serves them right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,658 Posts
While I sympathize...

cxoffers said:
Called price point at 1030 am to get a price on a 2005 Vanilla R w/out the headset that they offer with it. I was quoted $329- instead of $409 package price, good deal. I'm at work, got a page and had to go so I call back to order the fork 1-2hrs later and I'm told that the prices had been changed just 20 minutes before my second call and it is now $379- which is still an O.K. price it's the principle. So a politely start to give the guy some **** and have him honor the lower price. His "manager" wouldn't budge, then he hung up on me while I was talking. I've always used Cambria bikes or Price point but it's Cambria now on, cust serv. at cambria know their **** and they don't have a F'in rude Arab accent like P point which makes me wonder if my call is being sub'd out over seas. Every time I call p point I think I dialed 7-11 by accident.

Make someone happy and they will tell 1 person, piss someone off and they will tell 100!

Later!
with you for them changing prices(wrong thing to do) you compounded the error by immediately giving them a ration of crap. Probably the dumbest thing you could have done. No one has to take verbal abuse from anyone whether it be face to face or over the phone. You went from being in a good position to being just another load mouthed jerk. Better luck next time. It ain't cool to badmouth people. Especially since you don't know what they've been told to do or their policies.

Another clown with no patience bites the dust. Serves them right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fred3 said:
with you for them changing prices(wrong thing to do) you compounded the error by immediately giving them a ration of crap. Probably the dumbest thing you could have done. No one has to take verbal abuse from anyone whether it be face to face or over the phone. You went from being in a good position to being just another load mouthed jerk. Better luck next time. It ain't cool to badmouth people. Especially since you don't know what they've been told to do or their policies.

Another clown with no patience bites the dust. Serves them right!
Wrong, I was in a CTICU with doctors all around me( that's cardiothoracic intensive care unit for all the ignant people replying to this}. I was reasonable but persistent with what I thought should have been done and polite and this is no exagerration. Man, why can't you accept the possibility that a mail order comp. could be a prick. Do you work for PP?
 

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
you sound like a dumbass

and you probably are, should have bought the first time you checked the price...I think the guy you were refering to was Ray, he's pretty cool and has always helped me on almost every order ive done. yeah they should've jacked the price another hundred for dealin' with a sh!thead customer like you. Go cry somewhere else. because i'm kind of sure nobody here wants to hear your Archie Bunker dumbass. Go fix me turkeypot pie b!tch!
 

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
We's ignant people can at least be polite!

cxoffers said:
Wrong, I was in a CTICU with doctors all around me( that's cardiothoracic intensive care unit for all the ignant people replying to this}. I was reasonable but persistent with what I thought should have been done and polite and this is no exagerration. Man, why can't you accept the possibility that a mail order comp. could be a prick. Do you work for PP?
I've delat with PP for many years and have never had any problems. They have always delivered as promised. I've missed deals because I didn't act when I should have. If you would have been polite and explained your situation when you were beeped they probably would have been more than happy to assist. But, your comments here seem to indicate that you anger easily. Maybe we should all hold hands for a minute and sing a song! :D

mc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
cxoffers said:
. . . a F'in rude Arab accent like P point which makes me wonder if my call is being sub'd out over seas. Every time I call p point I think I dialed 7-11 by accident. . .
at least get your ignorant stereotypes straight - indians, not arabs, work at 7-11 (per abu on the simpsons). of course, you probably can't distinguish between indians and arabs, can you?

btw - pricepoint customer sevice has treated me well many times. based on your rant, i'm more inclined to believe that you were the rude party on the phone.

ant
 

·
Old man on a bike
Joined
·
12,395 Posts
Gee wonder if the guy at pp got any attitude from ******* boy here? Hope we don't need hospitalization in Vermont unless we're white and stupid, eh? WTF are you calling PP for when you're working anyways? Only ignant one on this thread is you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
this thread is pretty funny man. first off there's a racist guy who can't spell worth a damn essentially calling people stupid. then he cries because he's so damn busy working in an intensive care unit saving lives that he was desperately needed and had to go (which caused him to lose out on the price). what kind of a jackass would call to order bike parts while working in an intensive care unit? lol that's priceless. he's an ignant looser to be sure lol
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top