Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a buddy trying to sell me a Litespeed Tellico Ti. It has full XTR everything, hubs, shifters, brakes, deralliers, and crankset. He has a couple of other things on it like carbon brake booster and some anodized climbing bars on it. It has a Rock Shox SID which blows chunks, but does alright for as light as it is and it still hols air which is amazing. What do you think a good offer for the bike would be? I believe the bike probably sold for around $4K or so back in 98 and it's in pretty good condition. Thanks for the advise :)

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
TerrorOnWheels said:
Hey, I have a buddy trying to sell me a Litespeed Tellico Ti. It has full XTR everything, hubs, shifters, brakes, deralliers, and crankset. He has a couple of other things on it like carbon brake booster and some anodized climbing bars on it. It has a Rock Shox SID which blows chunks, but does alright for as light as it is and it still hols air which is amazing. What do you think a good offer for the bike would be? I believe the bike probably sold for around $4K or so back in 98 and it's in pretty good condition. Thanks for the advise :)
Yikes, putting a price point on 6 year old used technology is always scary. Personally I would not pay more then $900 for it and even that I feel is generous assuming the XTR stuff is 98 vintage. Maybe $500? I hate how bikes do not hold their value!

TJ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
006_007 said:
Yikes, putting a price point on 6 year old used technology is always scary. Personally I would not pay more then $900 for it and even that I feel is generous assuming the XTR stuff is 98 vintage. Maybe $500? I hate how bikes do not hold their value!

TJ
Yea, that is probably what I was thinking, somewhere around $800 to $1000 to offer him. He's hurt himself pretty bad and will never ride again, so I guess I'll start low :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts