Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First post here. Id like to get some opinions on this setup I found. Normally im one to do hours and hours of research but simply put I unfortunately dont have the time right now- just got a new job and apartment and need something to ride. Im simply looking for any general suggestions and what the bike is worth. I know it is very dependent on my intended usage, etc, but im just looking to get quick evaluation on quality. Here is what the ad states.

"Im selling my 16"/small hardtail mountain bike for $380. The frame is very strong well made. I am 5'11" and enjoyed riding this bike because it is so flickable and easy to maneuver. The specs on the bike are as follows:

-White 16" Leader LD 516-H hardtail (Welcome | Leader Bike LLC)
-Manitou black elite 120mm travel front fork
-Deore disc hubs with 26" white sun rims king pin(very wide and strong)
-Avid cable disc brakes 6" front and rear (low maintenance and amazing stopping power)
-Shimano deore lx drivetrain 27 spd
-Kenda Nevegal Stick-e 2.35 front and rear
-Comes with azonic platform pedals and WTB seat
-Brand new cables and housings

The bike is very solid and mechanically sound."

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,447 Posts
Sounds a little high to me - I don't even see any mtbs on their website, but most of their other complete bikes are pretty low-priced. Tough to say without seeing it or having any detail, but I would think somewhere under $300 if everything is in really good condition.

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with that bike, especially for under $400.00.
I've built up 2 Access/Leader frames over the past few years. They're fine frames. The components on it seem fairly solid. Be aware that it is a fairly small frame, and would have most likely been a challenge for the original owner (who said he was 5'11")

Good luck:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.