Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pocket Pool Savant
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the Pria bars seem to be marketed to women. Is there a reason? They seem to be the only cost effective protien, not-carb energy bar.

Any dudes eat these things?

AJ

·
Registered
87 Posts
mcseforsale said:
I've noticed that the Pria bars seem to be marketed to women. Is there a reason? They seem to be the only cost effective protien, not-carb energy bar.

Any dudes eat these things?

AJ
"Pria is designed to satisfy mid-day snack cravings without weighing you down."

Not sure I would consider it an energy bar at all, but more or less something to snack on. I've actually eaten one since I found a coupon for one free. Tastes pretty good, but not particularly filling. If it's low or no carb, it probably won't give you any lasting energy.

Is there a particular reason you are trying to get protein from a bar? It might be more effective and cheaper getting protein from peanut butter, peanuts, lean meats and fish. It's usually good in conjunction with carbs for post ride recovery and to promote muscle growth.

Check out their complete press release here: http://www.powerbar.com/About/PowerNews/content_powernews_detail.asp?id=20033191473843354165

·
Registered
391 Posts
It is to compete with Luna bars. Luna bars are made by Clif bars, Pria bars are made by Power bar. Luna bars are soy based protein with isoflavines, which is supposed to be very healthy for women (and men).

Also, Pria bars are much lower in calorie than most of the other bars, in part because they are teeny. But if you are just looking for an afternoon snack, 100 calories might be more appropriate than 200.

·
Pocket Pool Savant
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm.....

Mountain biking or.....never leaving the house. I'll take the house. I love BOOBS.

AJ

trailrash said:
NO WAY!!! The extremely high estrogen level in those Pria bars will make dudes grow tits...stay away from them.

·
Pocket Pool Savant
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, just wanting to get rid of some fat....

I guess the question is this: Are high-carb energy bars better on the trail than protein? I'm 6'1" and just getting down from 191 to 181, but don't really know much about the excercise/protein/carb ratio that I should be following. I'm not looking to really lose weight, just get all the lumps in the right spots. I see Powerbars at about 60g of carbs and that's a lot, but, is it a lot for a reason? Should I go for the high carb for excercise/recovery and stay away from the lower-carb, protein type bars?

AJ

SplijinX said:
"Pria is designed to satisfy mid-day snack cravings without weighing you down."

Not sure I would consider it an energy bar at all, but more or less something to snack on. I've actually eaten one since I found a coupon for one free. Tastes pretty good, but not particularly filling. If it's low or no carb, it probably won't give you any lasting energy.

Is there a particular reason you are trying to get protein from a bar? It might be more effective and cheaper getting protein from peanut butter, peanuts, lean meats and fish. It's usually good in conjunction with carbs for post ride recovery and to promote muscle growth.

Check out their complete press release here: http://www.powerbar.com/About/PowerNews/content_powernews_detail.asp?id=20033191473843354165

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.