Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pinged Prevelo asking about 140mm cranks and lo an behold they sell their "Heir direct mount cranks w/ 30t Narrow-wide ring 24mm spindle". 583g (30t ring included). 86$ shipped. I'm guessing they sell other sizes too. I'd need to drop nearly double that to get nice cranks elsewhere (tho they would include a 20$ Shimano style BB in those packages). This does not include a BB, which is nice cause I can get a cheap Shimano XT BB for like 19$ online (which I already had).

Our new bike comes with SRAM Dub X1 cranks that are 155mm. That setup will be yanked off and saved for a later bike (thus saving me money down the road).

To get these, I contacted them and they just emailed me an invoice with a webpage to pay. It's all very pro website stuff too. Easy peasy and the tracking email was nice too.

Prevelo has really stepped up their game. I think they make the best spec'd hardtail out there currently (I do like the Spawn tires/colors better tho). Awesome to see them making basically perfect kids bikes in their "Heir" range that compete really well with Spawn. Located in SoCal. Communication has be fantastic too. I was getting FB messages from them at night including gear ratio math (wheel size factored in) to help explain how a 30t should fit well with our 10-42 cassette. Pretty sweet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Prevelo (spec'd on the Zulu model) Heir branded cranksets now come with bottom bracket (external bearing, threaded) and narrow-wide chainring for $119, shipped. They had 30T and 28T options in standard 6 mm offset (135 and 142 mm rear dropouts) and 3 mm offset (148mm Boost) chainlines.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cranks have SOLD

Moved my 7 yr old down to a 142 mm. I have a 155 mm NX crankset with 28T chainring and a matching 68 mm threaded cartridge bottom bracket. Used for maybe 10 miles of road riding This is a special OEM set off of an Early Rider. $100 shipped. SOLD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.