Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my first bake with hydraulic brakes. Normally I store my bike by hanging the top tube on hooks.
My new bike has all of the cable routing on the bottom side of the top tube. Is there any risk to hanging the bike this way, since the brake lines will have pressure out on them?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
can you adjust the hooks? maybe try stem/saddle as hooking points?

I don't think the hanging will be a serious issue... but could cause some cable rub, etc. if you are not careful getting the bike on/off the hooks...

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Or maybe setting the hooks so they are at the end of the top tube where the cables usually get further from the frame? I would prefer not to have the bike's whole weight resting on the cables and hoses...

·
STINKY TOFU
366 Posts
I just replaced my old hydros and had the same problem. As I was removing the line and I saw where the hook was sitting and it did put a crimp into the hose. I dont know what effect it had on the performance as I was swapppin em out for some new formulas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.