Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anaheim, CA - The CHUMBA VF2 is now available. This sub 6 lb. frame is the most laterally and torsionally rigid bike for its weight class available today. Using sophisticated materials technology - hydroformed and butted tubing combined with a full carbon fiber rear end - this bike makes use of all of the latest technology to provide an unparalleled ride. Easily built at 25-26 lbs. this frame offers 5 inches of travel - while being built ultra-light to give it excellent climbing and maneuvering abilities.

Coming from a racing heritage of over 10 years - the VF2 comes from a long line of mcstrut designs with a suspension developed to offer proven suspension action - including neutral braking, a fully active suspension, and mechanically engineered to provide market-leading torsional and lateral rigidity. While using the latest materials technology to reduce weight - we haven't reduced the strength or performance of the frame by keeping signature CHUMBA designs such as a one-piece CNC machined inverted bottom bracket shell and wider diameter seat tubes and down tubes. The frame also incorporates CHUMBA's center of mass technology - providing a centrally balanced chassis for neutral steering and handling.

We have no doubt that this frame will provide a new level of riding experience for all - and surpass expectation's for suspension design as well as handling. The VF2 is available with a RP23 or DHX Air shock. The DHX Air is an upcharge of $120.00. We also offer the VF2 as a complete bike - with complete bikes starting at $3,200 MSRP.

Please give send us an e-mail at [email protected] or visit www.chumbaracing.com; you can also call us at 714-986-9100 for more information.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just received my VF2!

Gorgeous! I have not built it up yet, but I can not stop looking at the frame. Frame plus Shock (Float RP23) come in at 6.28 lbs. The Blue Ano looks incredible. The bike turned out better I think than the images on the chumbaracing website. The 'VF2" badge/logo is actually located on the top tube instead of the down tube as pictured on their website. The welds all look great as well. I also like the red pivot bolts, they really compliment the frame. I could not be more pleased. I will let you know how it rides soon!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is there any reason for the non-3D swing link?

You have this beautiful front triangle with sexy tubes and super nice annodizing (see ncarolinadawg's pictures for some great detail), you have this stout looking CF rear with assymetrical stays and very nice looking hardware, and then you have this swing-link that looks like it might have been pilfered from 3 year old Jamis overstock that was on blowout at Jenson. Give us a pretty 3d link that would do this frame justice :)

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Merrimack Dave said:
Beautiful frame ncarolinadawg, and nice photos. Nice job Chumba!

That looks a lot like my next bike. :thumbsup:
You'd save almost 2 pounds in the frame alone, over your XCL. Just make sure you get a production run frame this time, not the one with lead tubes.:nono:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BillT said:
Is there any reason for the non-3D swing link?

You have this beautiful front triangle with sexy tubes and super nice annodizing (see ncarolinadawg's pictures for some great detail), you have this stout looking CF rear with assymetrical stays and very nice looking hardware, and then you have this swing-link that looks like it might have been pilfered from 3 year old Jamis overstock that was on blowout at Jenson. Give us a pretty 3d link that would do this frame justice :)
One piece swing link is currently in development - and will likely also be retrofittable to the XCL.

A.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.