Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lesse...I'll try to keep it short. First off, we got there late...doh!

Solorider (Sean) and Ionsmuse (Dave) were patiently waiting as we pulled in to the parking lot. Another MTBer happened to pull in right after us so I asked him if he wanted to joined the group. His name is Bob (from Tempe) and he'll be posting here soon I think. ;) Both solorider and ionsmuse were sporting their SS while the rest of us opted for gears. Route: 307 to 297 to Spruce Mtn Rd. and back the same way.

What can you say about Prescott trails but what a great ride! I love it every time we come up. Along the way we ran into Paul, fixedgeardan, enel and one other coming down 307 so we stopped and chatted for a few. Nice to meet you guys! No real mechanical issues...we had 2 flats, and solorider actually cracked the base plate of his shoe on the way back. That made it interesting for him! He also mashed his foot on an overhanging rock pulling an uphill corner. Hope your foot is good, Sean.

I think everyone pretty much had a blast. The trails were awesome like always. Just into T297 (Smith Ravine) we saw the devastation of the fire a few weeks back that hit that area. A good 1/4 to 1/2 mile of forest was completely burned. It looked eerie and empty and silent. It sucks that it hit that area but it was still beautiful up there and the weather was great. T297 is always good for 3 miles of lung & leg uphill carnage! Love it! Makes you breathe hard! Especially that last 1/2 mile when noodle-legs set in....:rolleyes: Everyone did great! Dave (ionsmuse) was cranking on that SS. Nutcase! ;) Once at the top it was nice to chill out for a few, take in some gel/trail mix and enjoy the scenery. The way down just rocks! Lots of just primo trail that flows really well. Of course I can't wait to go back! :thumbsup:

not to upload these pics right...

Attachments

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also...nice to meet/ride with everyone today! Great ride guys! Sean, always a pleasure to ride with you again! Dave and Bob...hook up with us again if you get the chance.

Nice to meet all you prescott guys we ran into as well!

·
igoslo
971 Posts
I was a pretty sweet ride except for the rock-to-foot interaction and the shoe failure.

Scorched earth

Jeff

Dave

Bob

Chris (looking mean BTW)

SuLing

Route

3678 ft climbing over 18 miles

Broken just over the halfway point, not comfortable for pedaling, not comfortable for standing. Got a nice little red line across the bottom of my foot now, just glad it's not blistered.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Nice pics. I definitly need to get up there. The more I see these pictures people are posting the more I am determined to go. Su.ling~....are you sporting the "DurtGurl promoting" skort in that pic? Definitly time to replace that shoe..:thumbsup: How many miles do you think you guys rode?

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Konapdlr said:
Su.ling~....are you sporting the "DurtGurl promoting" skort in that pic?
Nahh, just a pair of chick mtb baggies. Just the way the pic looks I guess. They are size S but they must run big...they swim on me. Just my opinion, but the more I wear the baggies, the more I like the (here it comes)...lycra shorts :rolleyes:.

They stay put better IMO and don't hang up on my seatpost and bunch up weird. The baggies are actually fine, just not my favorite. I have yet to spill the cash out for DurtGurl's stylish ways...the sportin' skort...I'll have to try a pair on and see how they feel one day. ;)

BTW~All our MTBR friends that couldn't make it were missed on this ride! You all must go next time!

·
3,049 Posts
Yeaaahhhhhh!

3678 ft, now I feel better about being so darn tired! Twas a blast to meet and ride with ya'll, first of many I'm sure. A great way to start the day; now after a shower, pasta, steak, and an afternoon of painting furniture, I can sit back with a beer...ah.

Thanks for the pics, interestingly voyeuristic looking at myself online. Also, thanks for the maps Sean. That topofusion stuff is most elegant. Take care of your foot!

Cheers all,
D

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
Great Pix Sean, and a great ride all together.
Not sure what the deal is with my face, but most pictures I've seen from rides
I am sportin some weird expression. Just blessed with an ugly mug I guess :)
It was really nice to meet Dave and Bob, and hope to see you out on more rides.
Sean, I hope the hoof is allright. I guess you'll be breaking in those new shoes you've got lying around.

A Good Day Indeed !!

·
Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
652 Posts
Great pictures, and looks like mucho fun. Someday when I am wealthy enough to afford a tank of gas I will head to Prescott.

Just know that the scorched earth parts will be the HEALTHIEST part of the forest in a few years!!!!!!

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
chongoman said:
It was meeting you all. that was a rad ride man. hope to see you on the trail soon, and thanks for the photos. Bob
Hey Chongo.......................Bob !!

Great to meet ya and riding with you.
Good times fo sho':thumbsup:

If you ever want to get out to Dreamy Draw or a ride in general, let us know:band:

Chris

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sgaarmy said:
Looks like good times! Ended up running on a lame tread mill at the gym thinking how I should be in the pines. Man I am an idiot!
We gotta find you a ride next time! Its awesome stuff up there. Pics don't do it justice at all! All you Prescott MTBers are so d*mn lucky! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
dirtrodr said:
Hey Chongo.......................Bob !!

Great to meet ya and riding with you.
Good times fo sho':thumbsup:

If you ever want to get out to Dreamy Draw or a ride in general, let us know:band:

Chris
Once I get back from a stinking wedding I have to go to in Chicago I'll be all over another ride. and another.... Oh well. off to the midwest. Hello beer, hello Polish sausage. I've missed you.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,800 Posts
Paul J said:
We'll have to hook up for a "Granite" ride sometime..................
Go away lurker.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,800 Posts
Paul J said:
You back yet?
"I'm back, back on track, get off of my back, yeah!"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.