Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find where this trail is. Any prescott locals know?

I ask, because there is a Duathlon being held in march, that will be on this trail. i have never heard of it, and its not in the mtbr trail list.

may be near Pioneer park, as thats the start of the event.

Any info would be great. Especially terrain style, exact location, elevation gain/loss (guesstimates are fine).

thanks!

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i looked at some of the first few links that came up, all seemed irrelevant.

Any one ridden this? easy trail? rocky?

Just trying to plan what bike to take (hard tail vs epic) and tires. Also trying to see if its a trail my wife would want to ride. She can do the duathlon, just not the biggest mountain biker on the rocky tech trails.

(sweet that you like the path bike shop!!! I designed their 06 & 07 race & shop jerseys).

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have ridden this trail quite a few times. There are a couple different loops to it as well. Most of the trail is hard pack with decomposed granite on top which can be a little slick when dry. The portion north of Pioneer Parkway is different in that it is more dirt and rocks.

I have ridden both a HT and FS bike, no problems and typically the Nevegals do quite well on it. This is one of the trails around town that my wife can go riding with me since it is not technical at all.

If you need any further info please let me know
Jeff

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,162 Posts
Yeah, it's not in the mtbr trail archive because it's not really a trail, it's a wide path. There are a couple singletrack trails in the area, but we're talking less than a mile in length. It's just a wide DG surface, good for running.

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great thanks guys. Still, this trail sounds better than the typical duathlon road ride on pavement. since i am a mountain biker first that is.

thanks. My wife said she can do a park trail.

·
my dog's Frisbee launcher
513 Posts
Hi Matt
their are some short steep climbs out there...in fact they had an MBAA race out there back in the day, it rained and hailed cats and dogs...I think that was 94 or 95

good luck with the duathlon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.