Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Prescott this weekend for my 30th reunion and plan to do some riding Sunday at Granite Basin. Where is the best place to get the GB map, Sharlott Hall or the GB trailhead?

Thanks
Jon

·
3,049 Posts
Rats, I'll be in Flag. I think every TH has the maps, except perhaps Williamson Valley. I'd sketch/print an idea on Sharlot, and perhaps snag an official map at the TH.

Enjoy, the rain has made things most excellent here.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,523 Posts
If you plan to ride from within granite basin, not on one of the outlying trailheads, I recommend getting the map from within granite basin at one of the trailheads. Otherwise, you could still get it within granite basin, but I never park there because it costs money and there are 4 good free trailheads, as well as other good places to stage from. You can find these on the map as well, but usually those that are not familiar with the area start from within granite basin because it's a little more fool-proof for them.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave and Jayem.

Dave, Flag s/b great. We were at our place near Blue Ridge last weekend and had rain every day and even some hail on Sat.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,523 Posts
azjonboy said:
How's GB / Mint on a rigid?
I've done it before, most of GB is fine/fun on a rigid, mint wash is one trail that not everyone will like on a rigid, there are quite a few rocks that will require quite a lot of body-english. It's do-able and I cleaned it all, but it was also on a 29er rigid :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jayem. I'll be on a 29er. Just trying to decide if I want to go rigid or Reba. I've done Mormon / National rigid and it was fun, I just took my time. The Reba gives me lots of other options.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,523 Posts
azjonboy said:
Thanks Jayem. I'll be on a 29er. Just trying to decide if I want to go rigid or Reba. I've done Mormon / National rigid and it was fun, I just took my time. The Reba gives me lots of other options.
As far as GB is conerned, Mint Wash is not National, but it is really just about the only trail you'll have to make that decision with (assuming you're not riding 308 to the "before the gate" portion of Mint Wash). If I had a choice, I wouldn't do it rigid, but that's just me.

·