Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know there is an utterly fantastic SoMo ride possibly scheduled for this upcoming weekend, but the lure of cooler riding in the pines has won. Besides, we want to get more time in up there in case they decide to close down the Prescott NF like they did Coconino. We also thought we would open a thread for any who would like to join the fun instead of hogging it all to ourselves. :D oink!

Sooo...For those who are interested:

Jeff (aka Monkeybutt), Chris (dirtrodr) and I are heading up North to Prescott this coming Sat. 06/24. Thinking of doing the Lynx Lake Area...T305 to Smith Ravine (T297) to Watershed (T299) to Ranch (T62) or in reverse. We can flip a coin at the trailhead. Either way, it'll be uphill on the way out and downhill on the way back. ;) Elev. at the start is around 5600' and we will climb to almost 7000'. Close to 20 or so miles I would venture to say.

We can meet at the T305 trailhead about 1/2 mile south of Hwy 89 and Walker Rd. To get there take I-17 N to Cordes Jct, from there take AZ Hwy 69 towards Prescott. On the outskirts of Prescott you'll come to Walker Rd (Costco/Petsmart on the leftside) take a left (south) at that light. About a half mile in you'll see the sign that you are entering the Prescott National Forest. There will be a dirt road to your right...you are there! Park and Pay your whopping $2. Or if you want to meet before we head out, that can be arranged as well.

Where: Lynx Lake Area (Prescott NF)
When: Sat 06/24
Meet Time: 7:15am

Any questions or suggestions or whatever, just post it. We are open to just about everything. :thumbsup:

Chris and Jeff, If I forgot anything...please add it! ;)

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Very tempting!! Would you have enough energy after a Lynx Lake day to get up for a 5AM start at SoMo on Sunday? I'm not sure that I could do both and will likely stay in town this weekend (too much to do around the house again...) I'm waiting to see how ThNR goes before posting up a Sunday SoMo ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks for sharing!

i’ve wanted to do a ride like this for some time. however, this weekend I’ll be angling with my pops near lakeside. tough decision, but time with the old man wins. thanks again

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No worries if you can't make it this time. Although you will be great missed! If the PNF stays open, we will hit the Prescott trails again soon. Let us know when you can go. :cool:

DG...As for SoMo on Sunday? Never know. Jeff, Chris and I did White Tanks (Mesquite, Willow, Ford, Goat Camp) one Saturday and then those two psychopaths replenished on supplies and went and hit SoMo with some friends an hour or so later on. I busted up a toe so I skipped it, but was soooo glad I did cuz they were BEAT!!! :rolleyes: I think I would have keeled over! :D :prft:

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
su.ling~ said:
On the outskirts of Prescott you'll come to Walker Rd (Costco/Petsmart on the leftside) take a left (south) at that light. About a half mile in you'll see the sign that you are entering the Prescott National Forest. There will be a dirt road to your right...you are there! Park and Pay your whopping $2.
Or, park at the back end of China Buffet on your left, ride the 1/2 mile to the trail, and save the two bucks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Enel said:
Or, park at the back end of China Buffet on your left, ride the 1/2 mile to the trail, and save the two bucks.
This is true BUT...Those trails are friggin' SWEET! I'd pay $20 to ride them if my 20 greenbacks were going towards trail maintenance. I like to support the system so I don't mind handing over $2 to help keep the area sweet:thumbsup:

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
My wife has a spa appt. that she's trying to resched. If she can I'm/we're in! The family will drive up and hang out while I pedal my arse off. I need some gut bustin' rides to prepare for my trip out to Cali over the 4th of July. I'm going to ride my old hood in the Cleveland National Forest...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,996 Posts
AKA Monkeybutt said:
This is true BUT...Those trails are friggin' SWEET! I'd pay $20 to ride them if my 20 greenbacks were going towards trail maintenance. I like to support the system so I don't mind handing over $2 to help keep the area sweet:thumbsup:
Well, they also lock the gate at 5-something PM, and that's a great time to ride when it's cool, and then there's the issue of having a lot of vehicles, so we have more than a few reasons why we don't park there. We start at much funner trailheads in the granite basin area that are free, as opposed to the one that's within the basin and requires money.

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Bummed!

cycljunkie said:
My wife has a spa appt. that she's trying to resched.
Looks like I'm stuck riding locally this weekend. Couldn't shift prior engagements so I'm just going to ride local. :cryin:

Not that it's a bad thing though! :nono: :thumbsup:

Have fun up there guys! Maybe I'll see y'all on the Sunday SoMo ride?

·
Registered
159 Posts
but the lure of cooler riding in the pines has won. Besides, we want to get more time in up there in case they decide to close down the Prescott NF like they did Coconino.
Haven't ridden with you guys yet, but I'm in the same boat and may jump on the bandwagon. Let me check on Fri night plans and see if I can free up my Saturday.

-kevin

·
Something goes here...
2,046 Posts
What time (rough estimate) would we be back in Phx? I may be able to pull this one off. I'd love to hit some nice woodsy singletrack again.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Crash_FLMB said:
What time (rough estimate) would we be back in Phx? I may be able to pull this one off. I'd love to hit some nice woodsy singletrack again.

I think we'll be riding by 7:30. If we ride Trail 305 , up Trail 297 and back it's about a 20 mile ride. I'm guessing a 3-4 hour ride. 305 is about 90% of the ride if we go up and back so people could turn back and stick to 305 if they needed to head back sooner.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Carpool to Prescott?

Hi,
I would like to go, and would prefer to carpool and split gas with someone. Also, I can drive my car if anyone else would like a ride. I am in chandler, ray and dobson
Thanks
david:eekster:

·
3,049 Posts
Any room for a singlespeeder new to town? I'm barely moved in, but seeing the area and meeting folks would be very welcome.

·
Registered
159 Posts
freebiker said:
Hi,
I would like to go, and would prefer to carpool and split gas with someone. Also, I can drive my car if anyone else would like a ride. I am in chandler, ray and dobson
Thanks
david:eekster:
Ah shiznit. I'm at Chandler and Dobson, but looks like I'll be in the valley for the weekend. Sorry I can't make it. I'm hoping I can hit it over 4th of July holiday.

Have a good ride everyone.
-kevin

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have room for one, If you would be into splitting gas to get up there. I was trying to hitch a ride with someone else, but am willing to drive up there. Unfortunately I can only fit two comfortably in my single cab pickup. Let me know
d

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ill be looking for you guys.i live about 1\2 mile from trail head.but due to family things
to due i need to be home early im sure ill pass you guys at least.ill be on a fixed gear
surly with mustach bars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts