Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well am in Georgia at a wild boar hunting camp and we spent the day in target practice with are newly assigned AK47s. This was my first time shooting since WWII and I was a little rusty.

We rode around the property on ATV's to get the lay of the land. We spotted a lot of wild boar activity and it looks like the hunting should be good.

Pictures to follow when I can figure how to used my friends IMAC

Attachments

·
Will Guide for Beer
729 Posts
And I thought that you were pulling my leg on that. Funny, I saw 2 guys out past Doe Mesa that were hunting Javalina.

Emmm, BACON!!

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rockman said:
Do you have enough firepower to bring down Hogzilla?

http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/thisandthat/hogzilla.htm
Rocky:

We were close to the spot they shot Hogzilla. I didn't get to shoot any hogs during our stay and when we went out to spot gators we used our wives as bait but didn't spot any. The weather had been very cool prior to our arrival and the gators were not very active.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,768 Posts
I guess the AK would be a cost effective "heavy hitter", but I'd rather have the M1 or a variant of. How about a winchester lever-action with .45LC or 45-70? Ever have any accuracy issues with the AK? Or is the range real short?

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jayem said:
I guess the AK would be a cost effective "heavy hitter", but I'd rather have the M1 or a variant of. How about a winchester lever-action with .45LC? Ever have any accuracy issues with the AK? Or is the range real short?
J:

My buddy who owns the land in Georgia has tons of guns. He had 2,000 rounds of AK ammunition so that's what I practiced with. The AK was some type of Russian American Version that is distributed out of Indiana. It wasn't fancy but it sure worked nicely.

I will ask him about the Winchester.

TD

·
Registered
385 Posts
Gotta love firearms!

I'm selling off a few nice firearms that will easily take down hogzilla and his gator buddies. They are a bit more high end/classic and accurate than an AK47...Go look at the AZ central classifieds, or PM me for details..rifles/shotguns/pistols....I'm in a charitable mood so act fast, package deals available! They are all legal/legit, part of a huge collection I have pieced together over the years that I am making adjustments to...

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's very wet here, Doc. some snow getting down to damifino. Forecast for tonight is a real soaker. You perhaps could have a washed out drive when you get home.Been staying out @ Deer Pass rd.
Saw Doug & Rhama returning from a ride today and they didn't appear to be muddy. I didn't show because I assumed trails would be pretty wet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.