Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better yet, anyone got any inside info?

My 2017 Spark is still very much "current", but I can't help looking at all things new and shiny.. which has got me considering a fresh new Spark for next year. Maybe.

With 2020 being an Olympic year I have to think Scott will be looking to unveil something new. That said, it could well be a 2021 launch for a new design ridden by Nine et al in 2020. This was the case in Rio. That bike was a pretty big redesign though. I'm thinking Scott will want something to "sell on Monday" after the Olympics. Some tweaks to the existing bike? Maybe:

- Integrated dropper post (see BMC Fourstroke)
- Rock Shox wireless electronic Twin Loc system

Or a complete overhaul featuring a hidden shock set up like their newly-acquired Bold bikes?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think the frame will get any change...their still selling great, and getting results in the most important competitions.
I'm thinking more that the bikes will get new colors,new syncros bits and also the new 12v Shimano stuff. Curious if something new in the wheels departement... and also to see the weight of SRAM vs SHIMANO in the new line-up with SCOTT.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In MTB range, Don't see much change other than price increase. No real reason to update. Was hoping to see more XT and SLX 12 speed on the full range. Unfortunately still adding NX onto carbon frame models. Can't see any wireless dropper posts or wireless fork/shock actuation. On the positive side the SRAM AXS components are worth a try. Unfortunately the shifter and rear mech upgrade kit are not yet available and only a full AXS groupo is sold.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
I'm waiting for a Spark RC redesign with a longer reach and steeper ST angle (maybe take .5° off the HT) but I think it will be a couple more years because the competition is still catching up to the current model.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Here's something weird: On the website it says the Gambler Tuned comes with 29" wheels. The Ransom Tuned doesn't say the wheel size but "900" implies 29". I ordered one of each last week and the shop guy called back asking which wheel sizes I want (Ransom 29, Gambler 27) as if you can choose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.