Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather today was supposed to be cold and rainy all day. Depite the warnings, I got up early so I could sneak out of town for a quick ride before I opened the shop. The weather was brisk and humid, but the rain held off.

I've been spending a lot of time on the Flux lately, so I took the 5Spot. It's a better bike for the steep and rocky terrain I rode today. Despite the fact that I was at a moderate elevation, the trails were in great shape and generally devoid of snow. Good tacky dirt was the rule of the day. I was able to get in a couple of hours of sweet singletrack before the shop opened. The area was dumping rain and snow not long after I left. It was a good day. Here's some pics:

1 - can I get just one rib?
2 - the obligatory twin peaks shot
3 - the view was fantastic
4 - A Spot in the woods.

Attachments

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scrublover said:
nice! hmmm, much less wet/snowy up there than i'd thought it would be.

glad you had a good one!
Thanks! I topped out at around 8300' or so. It was perfect. Migz got up about 1000' higher than that today. Said he was surprised at how non snowy it was. He still had to punch thru some drifts, though. He did, however, get caught in the snowstorm later, too. It'll be another couple of weeks again now...

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Looks like fun! Yesterday right as I was about to leave to go riding it started raining, then a few hours later it was snowing. And it still is.... although there's nothing on the ground so hopefully trails are dry by the end of the week.

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
Lyons, CO

ignazjr said:
Thanks! I topped out at around 8300' or so. It was perfect. Migz got up about 1000' higher than that today. Said he was surprised at how non snowy it was. He still had to punch thru some drifts, though. He did, however, get caught in the snowstorm later, too. It'll be another couple of weeks again now...
What can you tell me about Lyons. Are the winters long there? Is it windy a lot? What's a house cost? How long does it take you to get to DIA? P.M. Me if you can. Thanks

TJ

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
I am looking. Job may take me there.

jmarsz said:
From what your post says TJ, it looks like you're looking to move out this way... :)
I am trying to avoid a move. But in the event that I get this promotion at work. The company would want me to move to the Front Range. If I could work from the Western Slope and convince them that a move is not needed it would save a lot o cash to the company. Which is what I am doing now.

TJ.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.