Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What time should we meet?

  • 9am

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 10am

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • 11am

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 12pm

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faq all y'all, I can't come anyway.

    Votes: 11 35.5%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Medium?
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone will post trail details and directions later, but let's decide when we want to meet.

Edit: Friday, April 15th

Edit: Keep in mind that Demo Forest is about an hour from Laguna Seca/Monterey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,982 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
Someone will post trail details and directions later, but let's decide when we want to meet.

Edit: Friday, April 15th
I won't be racing this year, but I'd be happy to join the ride at SDF. I voted for 9am, but I most likely can make it at any time, given enough notice.

I may have a conflict with the wife. We'll be celebrating our anniversary that weekend and I'm sure I'll get cautioned about getting injured. Consider me in for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
10am works for me, but earlier is probably fine too. I've never ridden demo and might want to take it a bit easy... don't want to damage myself or the bike right before the race weekend :)
 

·
Totally, and to the max.
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
Funny how your handle initials are...

BS. :D

I have a lamer excuse than you, so I won't even mention it. We'll see you there. If you don't show, you'll just regret it while reading about it here, after the fact.

Looking forward to riding with you again.

p.s. Have we ever ridden together?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Do it again

This ride and get togeather was so much fun last year. Met a lot off SoCal SSer's and there was a lot of good shots taking too. I am going with 10am. I first have to drive to SO and park the trailer then drive to Demo from there. I hope I can make it :( If not it will be fun any way.
 

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
1x1girl and I vote for 10am too.
But can we PLEASE stop for good foor afterwards this year?
Everyone split up last time after a pretty long outing...
Let's hit it and then grub it up!!!
I'll be riding gears and leave my SS muscles ready for Sunday's race.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,982 Posts
K-max said:
BS. :D

I have a lamer excuse than you, so I won't even mention it. We'll see you there. If you don't show, you'll just regret it while reading about it here, after the fact.

Looking forward to riding with you again.

p.s. Have we ever ridden together?
I don't believe that we've ever ridden together. We talked about it. We ran into each other at the Rincon parking lot on Hiway 9...but, nope...no rides yet.

There's a high probabability that I'll show.

BS....hehehe
 

·
Medium?
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What?

Padre said:
I'll be riding gears and leave my SS muscles ready for Sunday's race.....
Whassupwidat? Leave that rattly noise-maker home. You've got all day on Saturday to recover, and the Lord will provide on Sunday.

I agree about food. Some folks met up at the Summit Store, but there was a definite scattering...
 

·
the bomb
Joined
·
531 Posts
slow people tollerance level?

I'm thinking I could be sick that day. I would love to get out and ride with all of you, but Ed can testify for how slow I can be. I'd like to think I've improved some since our first ride though.

Perhaps I could even ride my new clipless pedals (only tried them on a trainer so far). If nothing else, you could all watch me fall over :D

anyway, don't want to slow the group down. Anyway, let me know what your tolerance for slowpokes might be ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
I'll be nice and slow that Friday if I'm up for riding (I'm doing the 50 mile epic the day before)

Sounds like a great day to play hooky and meet some new people - just depends if I still have any legs left :D
 

·
Totally, and to the max.
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
you'll blend right in.

it usually works out that a certain percentage of riders foregoes the second loop and climbs on out, while the rest of us, trying hard not to show our weakness to the Socal'ers, defiantly head up Sulphur Springs (i mean, come on, this is OUR trail!), only to regret it halfway up, thinking, 'i bet they're just now cracking a cold one at the car.' The one-loopers and two-loopers usually aren't that far apart, epcesially when Rut is there, dragging us around like the baggage that we are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,982 Posts
pfunk said:
I'm thinking I could be sick that day. I would love to get out and ride with all of you, but Ed can testify for how slow I can be. I'd like to think I've improved some since our first ride though.

Perhaps I could even ride my new clipless pedals (only tried them on a trainer so far). If nothing else, you could all watch me fall over :D

anyway, don't want to slow the group down. Anyway, let me know what your tolerance for slowpokes might be ;)
I have a very high tolerance for slowpokes.....given that I'm one of them. There'll be other slower riders there, too. It's all good. Join the fun!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top