Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sharp rocks hurt...
276 Posts
sctrix1 said:
I am interested in hearing what folks eat on the day that they are planning a long ride early??
Trix
Well the day before a long ride or race I eat pasta, the morning of I eat toast or something with lots of carbs. I don't like to ride on a full stomac so I dont eat much for breakfest. There are lots of threads like this, try using the search function.

·
XCdude
1,323 Posts
I'm a oatmeal guy, toast, juice and coffee and

sctrix1 said:
I am interested in hearing what folks eat on the day that they are planning a long ride early??
Trix
I also take along enough water and energy bars any brand, I like the kellogs ones I know that they aren't the super duper ones but the taste ok.
:D
For some reason I can't eat cereal and go riding, I get a veryyyyy upset stomach. :(

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Toast with peanut butter and jam.. :)

I also take along a snack in the shape of a few rice crackers and wash them down with several swigs of rasberry hammergel mixed with water.

R.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
The day before the ride I like to dinner pasta or meat.
For breakfast, some fruit, toast with turkey jam and cheese, orange juice, water.
I take for the ride some bars, sometime from kelloggs, I think that nature valley or something simmilar introduced some new bars that have nuts and fruits, veeerrrryyyy tasty :)

yum yum

·
Registered
215 Posts
Two days before - Carbo load with lots of veggies and whole wheat pasta in the evening.

Morning of - Two whole eggs + 2 egg whites over whole grain toast and a banana. The protein in the eggs helps stabalize the blood sugar and helps with endurance. Also helps keep you from feeling hungry too early.

During ride - Gel packs if necessary.I currently like the orange flavored CarbBoom with caffeine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i like to eat porridge(org.brown rice,millet,rye,barley,&oats) with soy milk,maple syrup,banana & raisin.I think the key is to eat complex carbs(whole grains) instead of simple carbs(white flour,sugar,rice).....the energy from simple carbs is noticed right away but it won't take long to crash,while the complex carbs take longer to break down they give lasting energy.when i'm out on the trail i like to bring trail mix,nuts,energy bars,or dried fruit for quick energy. i know i rambled on but i love food.oh and i love riding too...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I like to eat Hodgson Mill's wholegrain with flaxseed and soy hot cereal. I add raisins and honey to it. Along with that I'll have a glass of spicy v-8 juice, coffee and my vitamins. Oh, protien shake too. While riding I drink Champion Nutrition Revenge Pro(it's like crack I swear, only better) and zone bars.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
I take for the ride some bars, sometime from kelloggs, I think that nature valley or something simmilar introduced some new bars that have nuts and fruits, veeerrrryyyy tasty :)

yum yum
Yeh the Nature Valley's taste good, WAY to good. They aren't really the best for you but boy do they do the trick taste wise and fill the emptiness - I have since stopped carrying them as I'd eat 3 or 4 on rides just cause they tasted so good.

If I know I'm going on a long ride - sudo the rouynd the island I did, 58 miles - I try to make sure and eat good days before - make sure and have a few good meals that include pasta, veggies, chicken or fish. For breakfast on the day of a ride long or short I like either whole wheat bagel w/ peanut butter and/or instant waffles w/ honey or jam and maybe a banana. I take along several Gu packs just in case and a couple bananas and some other form of cereal/snack bar and LOTS of water (at least 2.5 litres) The bananas really work well and generaly won't make you feel sick. I'll maybe take GU pack if I know there's some serious hills coming, normally 10-15 mns before we get to them or IF I'm feely kinda down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.