Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
I'm bummed i can't join you guys/my team this weekend.
I'm headed to Las Vegas for the SX Championship to see Bubba get first, Ricky get 2nd, and my man Chad get 3rd. Normally, that is fantastic, but given the current situation, i'd rather be home training with the team.
I'll have to ride the stationary bike while there at night with my headlamp on, doing night laps for practice. LOL.

·
Registered
516 Posts
velophoto said:
The one last weekend was cancelled due to a car race. So how about this weekend?
Saturday, 5/7 meet at 6PM.

-Jay
If you decide on a earlier time, morning or afternoon let me know.
If that's not possible for you, I'll be riding Soquel Demo instead, since I'll be down that way all weekend.

CraZy AaNdDy. :eek:

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
cRasHmAstER said:
If you decide on a earlier time, morning or afternoon let me know.
If that's not possible for you, I'll be riding Soquel Demo instead, since I'll be down that way all weekend.

CraZy AaNdDy. :eek:
Hey Andy, wish we could but we're going to be riding part of this in the dark for training purposes.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
velophoto said:
The one last weekend was cancelled due to a car race. So how about this weekend?

-Jay
Right now my pre-ride is looking like it will be earlier in the day....starting somewhere between 10 and 12. Let me know if anyone here want's to hook up for a lap or 2.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,019 Posts
I'm going to be there.

velophoto said:

-Jay
Stockton -> Mill Valley -> Laguna Seca -> Stockton... one hell of a driving day but I'll be there. I'm doing a jumping clinic in the morning but I should be good for a couple laps in the evening.

Where are we meeting? A map would be nice, I've never been to the LS side of Fort Ord.

-- Dennis

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
0gre said:
Stockton -> Mill Valley -> Laguna Seca -> Stockton... one hell of a driving day but I'll be there. I'm doing a jumping clinic in the morning but I should be good for a couple laps in the evening.

Where are we meeting? A map would be nice, I've never been to the LS side of Fort Ord.

-- Dennis
I have proposed meeting in Laguna Seca at 6 to start riding by 6:30pm. Enter the Laguna Seca grounds through the entrance south of Salinas on Rt. 68. I believe that day-use entry is $6 per vehicle.

After the kiosk, follow to the intersection and turn right. Parking will be on the left across from the toilet/shower facility.

I just confirmed that there is no special event, so we are a go!

·
JaySpace
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Dennis,

Is the jumping clinic one of the Joe Lawill et.al. clinics?
I can't make it this weekend, but stay in touch b/c I wanna get your take on how it goes.

-jay

0gre said:

-- Dennis

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
velophoto said:
Hey Dan,

Are ya already bringing an entourage or can I ride with ya? I've got no problem kickin down for gas and entry at LS.

-Jay
I'm not sure what the arrangements will bring but tentatively, I have 4 from the Pleasant Hill/Martinez/Concord area including myself. I suggested to jrm to contact the Oakland based contingent in regards to carpooling.

If it turns out that the total number between here and there totals 5 or less, then I'll drive and gas money sounds good.

Potentially, I'll have biggz, STrackMike & ibisGuy with me although I haven't heard concrete RSVPs yet.

You, jrm, pimpbot and plim (or others) could carpool perhaps with jrm, but you'd have to work it all out.

We've got a couple of days still to plan, so we'll know who's riding with whom by Saturday morning.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Hey

Dan'ger said:
I'm not sure what the arrangements will bring but tentatively, I have 4 from the Pleasant Hill/Martinez/Concord area including myself. I suggested to jrm to contact the Oakland based contingent in regards to carpooling.

If it turns out that the total number between here and there totals 5 or less, then I'll drive and gas money sounds good.

Potentially, I'll have biggz, STrackMike & ibisGuy with me although I haven't heard concrete RSVPs yet.

You, jrm, pimpbot and plim (or others) could carpool perhaps with jrm, but you'd have to work it all out.

We've got a couple of days still to plan, so we'll know who's riding with whom by Saturday morning.
I want to ride the course to get a feel for it. But id almost rather do it during the day as blue shorts suggests.

Talked to pimp last night and it seems as if hes out. I can carry 2 more people including myself.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Maybe...

jrm said:
I want to ride the course to get a feel for it. But id almost rather do it during the day as blue shorts suggests.

Talked to pimp last night and it seems as if hes out. I can carry 2 more people including myself.
I was saying that I have to see how things go. My Mo-Inlaw is in town and I may have to drive her to the airport on Saturday, but I dunno yet. If she is staying longer, I should be a good host and do something with her.

I wanna do it, but I don't feel a great need to pre-ride the course. I've done that course more times than I can remember, and even a few times at night. That said, it would be great to try the lighting rig out in battle conditions on the new bike.

I'm in if I can schwing it.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,019 Posts
Jump Clinic

velophoto said:
Hey Dennis,

Is the jumping clinic one of the Joe Lawill et.al. clinics?
I can't make it this weekend, but stay in touch b/c I wanna get your take on how it goes.

-jay
Yeah, it's the one taught by Chris Duncan (Joe Lawmill teaches trail riding) that John Gardner was talking about a few weeks ago. We are still trying to find some people fill out the class so if you know someone who's interested it's Saturday at 10AM... Have them IM or email me.

-- Dennis

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
jrm said:

What time are you going there? Maybe we can hit the course at the same time. I'm still shooting for 10am, but I'm willing to alter it to ride with others.

Let me know!

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Dan'ger said:

I'll carpool with you.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.