Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running the indy 500 mini saturday and was hoping for some advice on pre race diet from now to then. I have not trained for it but will bumble my way thru it like I have been for the last few years. With that said, any suggestions to help my diet from now till saturday? I appreciate any thoughts friends...this forum has been a great help to me already

·
Registered
484 Posts
rjpstoked said:
I am running the indy 500 mini saturday and was hoping for some advice on pre race diet from now to then. I have not trained for it but will bumble my way thru it like I have been for the last few years. With that said, any suggestions to help my diet from now till saturday? I appreciate any thoughts friends...this forum has been a great help to me already
If you aren't currently training and only have 2-3 days before the race, then there isn't much you can do now. The only thing that may be helpful is to eat 2 servings worth (112 grams dry) of pasta with 1/2 cup pasta sauce 3-4 hours before the race starts. DO NOT EAT ANY FATS.

This may help to top off glycogen before the race, but without proper training it will more than likely just make you fat ;)

Good luck in the race!

- Jeremy -

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is that, a half marathon? With no training? Ouch, you must love pain. Like Jeremy said eat carbs. Drink alot of water and get plenty of sleep. Watch your water intake during the race. The weather here in Chi-town is supposed to be great this weekend, I hope you have the same. Have fun.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thats what I figured...I do ride alote (commute on bike) but ever since I left the Army, running hasnt been a regular way of training. Since I moved to Indiana, I have been participating in run (1st one was to show off to my newly wed wife, rest to prove I am not so old:)) Just finishing my degree in Nursing and havent really thought about race till tuesday when my wife asked my plans. Oops..forgot. ..Anyway, If I finish I am happy. Thanks for thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.