Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vince and I went to the park on Saturday morning to get in a ride before the horrible blizzard they were predicting hit. Who would have known that the weather dudes would actually be right for once?!?! Anyways, it seems I can't ride in Palmer Park without running into COmtnbiker12 and this time we also ran into Wildman and his new Nitrous. We had a great ride in the 60 degree sunshine.

Here's Tony.

And Wildman. Mike looked like he was having a great time on the new Scott. He did a great job riding some difficult stuff for not being used to a squishy bike--let alone a long travel squishy bike.

For the first time since getting the longer fork and the Romic, I felt like I was able to clean all of the climbs that challenge me on the Upper Rim riding the Bullit. I guess that Bowflex was $$ well spent :). Since climbs don't make good pictures, here's me on a roller (photo credit to Vince).

Tony again. I don't think Tony rides with his eyes open. This is the third picture I have taken of him and he has his eyes close in every single one of them (time for some sunglasses?!?).

After that, Tony and Mike had to head but Vince and I continued on. Here's Vince on some stairs.

Here is Vince biting the hair of the dog that bit him (and broke his wrist) for the first time since his crash last September.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Nice pics Kristian! I don't its that my eyes are closed but that they're angled downwards focusing on the stuff on the trail. ;) Hopefully this snow clears up by the end of the week and we can go riding again soon.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When in August?

brianc said:
very nice Kristian. It's great to see the park again. chances look good, right now, that I'll be back in CO for the same conference in August again this year.
We're going to the PacNwst in the middle to end of the month for a wedding on the 20th but our plans aren't finalized yet. The conference was in the beginning of the month right?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You really should consider eye protection

COmtbiker12 said:
Nice pics Kristian! I don't its that my eyes are closed but that they're angled downwards focusing on the stuff on the trail. ;) Hopefully this snow clears up by the end of the week and we can go riding again soon.
There are so many scrub oak branches hanging in the way in the Park that I have clipped my glasses several times. Eye protection is like a helmet--never ride without it!

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely!

ignazjr said:
Nice pics, Kristian. I've got to make it down there one of these days. Looks like great riding!
I would be happy to give you a tour. I'm going to try to organize a big MTBR ride down here at some point now that the weather is officially in Spring mode (after all, we've had our huge blizzard for the year). I'll post something on the front range board.

·
2,093 Posts
That is one really nice neighborhood park

I used to ride there almost everyday back when i lived there 93-95. What area is all the rock drops? The north side?

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
kristian said:
There are so many scrub oak branches hanging in the way in the Park that I have clipped my glasses several times. Eye protection is like a helmet--never ride without it!
Kristian's right Tony - I've been to the ER twice now for eye injuries while riding - the first time I was not wearing glasses, the second time I was, but still got it. There's nothing like wasting a few hundred dollars (and risking permanent injury) over something that is easily avoided. Besides, it gives you a good excuse to spring for some news shades :)

BTW - nice pics Kristian.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup

93-95... That was when I was first learning how to ride (in the park of course). The trails you would remember have gotten easier over the years as people have placed cheater rocks and created ride arounds, but there is some newer stuff (or at least stuff I never knew about back then) that is a hoot.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
brianc said:
yep. July 31st - Aug. 5th.

If things go as planed, I'll be out for ride the front range Aug. 5th -7th.
We'll have to get a big group ride going, or one of Kristian's famed rides. :D

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hard to say

COmtbiker12 said:
When's the first one going to be?
I would guess mid-May is going to be the earliest that those trails are completely snow free. Much of the trail is south facing though so it could be sooner depending on the weather and how much snow we are willing to trudge thorugh... :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
ooooh,,,,, my first official photo op

thanks k

yea it was fun and yea im still getting used to a measly 6" bike. i actually went back over that afternoon and did another hour by myself, not templeton, but the ones where i could go fast and hard. i like fast.

mmmmm, faaaasssssttttt

later
mike

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
wildman said:
thanks k

yea it was fun and yea im still getting used to a measly 6" bike. i actually went back over that afternoon and did another hour by myself, not templeton, but the ones where i could go fast and hard. i like fast.

mmmmm, faaaasssssttttt

later
mike
Mike which trails do you usually ride on your own? I usually hit up Grandview, Cheyenne, and Cobblestone but I found one that looks pretty tech that I'd like to try out next time I go.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
kristian said:
I would guess mid-May is going to be the earliest that those trails are completely snow free. Much of the trail is south facing though so it could be sooner depending on the weather and how much snow we are willing to trudge thorugh... :)
Sweet.... :drool: Hopefully we can do atleast one before Angelfire. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.