Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone convince me not to make this impulse buy?!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13511

THe Juicy 7 2007 seems like a really good price and all the reviews seem amazing!

The only other suggestion ive had is a Shimano XT hydro disc brake

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=580&CurrentPageIndex=1&SortExpression=

there is so much choice though.

The Juicy 7 2007 is there anywhere I can find the hose length to see if there will be any hose cutting involved or if they will fit straight on?

Would they work with my current V8 Hayes rotors? or would I be better with the Avid Rotors?

Thanks!

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I reccomend the Juicy 7. Solid Brake, Outstanding Power, Great Reliability, Good Modulation. I reccomend them, and I paid the full MSRP on them a year ago or something...

·
Registered
18 Posts
capoz77 said:
Is £114.99 a good price in comparison to Evans Coralus?
That seems pretty good for a retail kit. Hard to compare as mine was an OEM and I got the pair for £149. Seemed like a good deal for just missing out on a booklet that is available on the web anyway! I have checked though and unless im missing it they no longer have this deal running, sorry to say.

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$225 dollar each how does that compare to you guys overseas?

Pressed the confirm button last night early in the morning after drinking lots of southern comfort ;)

Read a lot of review and they should wipe the floor with my £79 Hayes HFX XC's. Think the only brakes that came close were the Hayes MAG but I like the idea of the Juicy adjustable lever, auto centering caliper etc.

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well impressed with the Juicy's! the centering of the caliper was sooooo much easier than the hayes. They look and perform supurb.

The adjustable cable angle made them very tidy with no excess cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.