Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chris Bling
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

i am a wrench and one of the local bike shops here in utah and we have a racer that is looking for some pre 1995 XTR square taper cranks. we are trying to get her "Q" factor down as much as we can, and we are having a beast of a time trying to find cranks that will work for her. if you have any old XTR's laying around, or know anyone who does, please let me know.

dusty

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, that will be really hard to find some M900's.

Ebay could be your best bet, I might know someone, I will ask also.

Other cranks to look at are Ritchey, they used to have some of the lowest Q's around
I think that their ISIS still might be low-pro's too, some NOS stuff around at Performance shops and such.
Tho I think the last MTB cranks they made were in 2003? New stuff is all Roadie.
Their old SQTaper WCS cranks were the lowest Q of all cranks made, I had some but sold the bike in 97.

Otherwise good luck!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love the old Ritchey Logic cranks. I have half a set of my old MB1 (driveside, as my signiture suggets).
Rivendell Bicycle Works touts the Sugino XD2 as the crank of choice for their steeds. It's a MTB worthy component from the manufacturer of the very same Ritchey cranks (and MANY others) mentioned above. With a Q in the high 160's, it's not too broad a stance, either.
http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/cranks_bbs_c-rings/12067.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.