Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This years race series was awesome!!! Not one day of 100+ temps or rain. Lotsa wind though with the only double points day being wind swept. :thumbsup: Many, many thanks to Brian and the many volunteers who put this event on week after week, what an awesome undertaking. You guys rock!
I'm already looking forward to next years series and the twisty, rocky, sandy, swoopy hilly, courses they dish out each week.

Also many thanks to the single speed class,, you guys are killing me! You give new meaning to "pain is weakness leaving the body". If I were only 20 years younger, I would teach you young pups a thing or two! ;)

See you at the BBQ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Final results here: http://www.racemtbikes.com/OnlineReg/seasonresults.php?id=1

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
zon said:
I'm already looking forward to next years series and the twisty, rocky, sandy, swoopy hilly, courses they dish out each week.
Next year? Fall Flash series is coming right up, starts August 20th. http://www.racemtb.com/FlashReg.htm

Great series, tons of fun. I love that PC is geared to every racer, so nice to see the beginners and the kids really get it into it. Thank you Brian for another awesome series!

·
I dig trails!
5,611 Posts
zon said:
This years race series was awesome!!! ... :thumbsup: Many, many thanks to Brian and the many volunteers who put this event on week after week, what an awesome undertaking. You guys rock!
Thanks for posting this up. This year I was sad it was the final day.

Zon, don't kid yourself, on the flatter courses you were running some crazy gear that absolutely destroyed me.

I was 2 points away from 7th place overall and 3 points from 6th! doh! "if I hadn't dropped my chain... 3 races in a row, lol. If I just trained a little harder, lol..." Ah well, next year's motivation.

To Brian and workers, the event is becoming very professional. It doesn't seem like "just" the midweek race. It's becoming the "it" race. Hats off to ya'll! :thumbsup:

Note for next year: Must train with a 1 pack a day habit smoking nonfilters to get prepped for fire season. ;)

Thanks to all the racers, great vibes out there.

P

·
more skier than biker
2,434 Posts
Mr.P said:
Zon, don't kid yourself, on the flatter courses you were running some crazy gear that absolutely destroyed me.
no kidding! There were many many races where I thought I was well ahead of anyone behind me, and was just focused on trying to catch the guys in front of me, when usually somewhere on the last lap, I'd hear a "whoosh! whoosh! whoosh!" getting louder and louder and I knew that the whooshing was Zon cranking down hard and gaining speed with each pedal stroke, and I would just try to hang on as he cruised effortlessly on by.

This was my first PC race spring season and thus, I had zero expectations going into this season and would have been happy with mid-pack results, but luckily got a little faster as the season wore on and was able to snag a fourth over all (behind Zon!) in my class.

Already stoked for the upcoming Fall season.

Thanks Brian and volunteer crew for giving us all something to truly look forward to every week. You guys rock :band:

·
badjenny fan club founder
56 Posts
What, is this thread just for single speeders? I had a great time for my first season of mtb racing. Brian and the PCRS crew do an amazing job. I'll be back for the Flash Series, this time with suspension and mtb handlebars - so watch out Zon and Tyrone! Tyrone, you were killing it the last few races - nice job!

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
I am still fuming over it all. I had a one point lead going into the last race. My Nemesis won the final race, and some jerk and I battled back and forth for two laps with him finally edging me out after I took a bad line in the final stretch of singletrack and he got second by less than 5 seconds. Could have tied if it wasn't for this guy, who came out for the final four races and really screwed my chances of wining the overall.
Second aint bad....but this is the second year in a row. Last year I wasn't even close so it didn't hurt so bad. This year....man...I need a drink and a six pack of donuts to get over this madness. Clydesdale class representen brutha's!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Brian!

I had a blast this year. Coming into this season I just wanted to be competetive. Never thought I'd win my sport class! Now I'll have to bump up to expert... but I am considering playing with the SS boys next year to switch things up.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Internal14 said:
I am still fuming over it all. I had a one point lead going into the last race. My Nemesis won the final race, and some jerk and I battled back and forth for two laps with him finally edging me out after I took a bad line in the final stretch of singletrack and he got second by less than 5 seconds. Could have tied if it wasn't for this guy, who came out for the final four races and really screwed my chances of wining the overall.
Second aint bad....but this is the second year in a row. Last year I wasn't even close so it didn't hurt so bad. This year....man...I need a drink and a six pack of donuts to get over this madness. Clydesdale class representen brutha's!
Sorry man. I really hated making you the bridesmaid again. I know you wanted to win this year. I wanted to race you fair and square for the last race, but the other guys were coming. I had to go!!
If you are talking about Poland, #1413, he raced ten races and was fourth in points. Hard to say he was messing up the points battle.;) He raced us hard every time he came out and beat both of us on several occasions.

Thank you to Brian for the best local racing. the races are always well organized, awesome courses, great competition. I too was a little sad the series was over.
Maybe a 15 week series next year?:thumbsup:

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tyrone Shoelaces said:
no kidding! There were many many races where I thought I was well ahead of anyone behind me, and was just focused on trying to catch the guys in front of me, when usually somewhere on the last lap, I'd hear a "whoosh! whoosh! whoosh!" getting louder and louder and I knew that the whooshing was Zon cranking down hard and gaining speed with each pedal stroke, and I would just try to hang on as he cruised effortlessly on by.
Naw,, nothing like that. I just was in a hurry to get back to the parking lot so I could colapse in a quivering mound of spent flesh.
Great series!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.