Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES! We will be using a majority of the Cyclebration Race course with the start/finish at the Folsom Rodeo grounds, through the south prison property and back!

Here is a course MAP.

Park at the Dan Russell Folsom Rodeo arena area. MAP

This is a very unique venue and only on this special occasion will we be able to race there. :thumbsup:

More photos HERE.

Attachments

·
mtb'er
4,230 Posts
I was too cheap to race tonight, so I just shot some photos... and that course is really cool! Helluva job Asa, Joder, and everyone! Hopefully it'll be a venue we can utilize a few times a year.

Approaching prison property, on the far east end of Lake Natoma:

Don't go into the light, Carrie Ann!!!

Rsquared avoiding the prison guards:

Pedalers and Paddlers:

Escaping the prison:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Spoke to Asa afterwards about the course and some Crossbike action coming up. Awesome job to everyone who worked on getting us this place for the Fall Flash season finale. The climbs were brutal for me but the downs were worth every minute of pain. Thanks again... :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I definitely want to thank everyone who made the Folsom course possible, riding it on Saturday and Sunday during Cyclebration was my first mtb race, and it was so much fun that I had to come out and race again last night! Good thing I got the race bug on the last two races of the season, but there's always next year!

Empty Beer, I think you may have been the guy who stopped to lend me a pump when I flatted on the second lap, thanks for the hospitality, the walk out of the prison grounds sucked!! Nice pictures too, glad to see you captured the level of dust on the trail, it was intense!

Awesome to see a high level of sportsmanship, lots of stoked riders, and a really fun track!!

·
mtb'er
4,230 Posts
Dirt Love said:
Empty Beer, I think you may have been the guy who stopped to lend me a pump when I flatted on the second lap, thanks for the hospitality, the walk out of the prison grounds sucked!! Nice pictures too, glad to see you captured the level of dust on the trail, it was intense!!!
Yeah... that was me. Sorry my pump sucked! I got you at the tail end of this vid. That wasn't a short walk back...

·
badjenny fan club founder
56 Posts
Thanks Brian and the bicyclingevents.com crew! What a cool venue and series! It was getting pretty dark in Sherwood Forest on lap 3!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Empty_Beer said:
Rsquared avoiding the prison guards:
I almost look fast in that pic.

That was the worst race I have ever done. Nothing wrong with the race its self, but I was still hurting from T/S100. The expert split took advantage of all of my MTB weaknesses and I had no legs to hammer the climbs on the rest of the course. I think I was the very last rider across the finish line:blush:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
I heard a rumor that Prairie City was out and the Prison thang was in for next year. Any truth to that? Are you leaving Prairie City for good?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
prarie city is rocky and boring! the prison thing was flowy, had more climbing, and was just way more FUN.

I'd say that's a good thing. It was leaps and bounds better!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
The prison property has no where near as many trail options as PC. You have to deal with the *****hole rodeo grounds and park patrons near the zoo. PC is much better;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts