Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’ve been waiting and waiting for my bottom bracket to come back in stock, but it keeps getting pushed back due to supply issues. The part is the powerspline bottom bracket 68E/73 x 118mm. The bike shop has informed me that if I want to replace this I need to change the crankset which is fine, but I’m a bit lost.
They said to go with a hollow tech crankset and a 24mm spindle with a new bottom bracket. There seems to be loads of options, my current chainset is Sram SX Eagle 32T, 170mm, GXP 73mm, 53mm BOOST chainline, Powerspline - 12 speed
Also can I keep the same chainring?
Any help would be much appreciated!

· Registered
407 Posts
I just got one from Bikewagon on Ebay. They list United Kingdom as a place they will ship to (no idea about the cost though). The link is giant but if you search "powerspline" they're one of the first results.

As far as replacing, if you switch to Shimano you will have to switch everything, you will not be able to keep your chainring. The direct Sram replacement is a DUB crankset (Sram or Truvativ) and a DUB bottom bracket. Not sure on stock for those either, seems to be hit and miss. If you get the Boost version your chainline should be the same. The chainrings are all compatible on the Sram products. But either way, if you want to get rid of Powerspline you have to replace both the cranks and the bottom bracket.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got one from Bikewagon on Ebay. They list United Kingdom as a place they will ship to (no idea about the cost though). The link is giant but if you search "powerspline" they're one of the first results.

As far as replacing, if you switch to Shimano you will have to switch everything, you will not be able to keep your chainring. The direct Sram replacement is a DUB crankset (Sram or Truvativ) and a DUB bottom bracket. Not sure on stock for those either, seems to be hit and miss. If you get the Boost version your chainline should be the same. The chainrings are all compatible on the Sram products. But either way, if you want to get rid of Powerspline you have to replace both the cranks and the bottom bracket.
youre right! Ordered from the states from Planet Cyclery. Thanks for the heads up, must be a UK shortage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.