Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the two, what is better for keeping you hydrated while riding? I'll be doing 1/2 water and sports drink in my hydration pack for a race today. Right now I have poweraid because i got it for 1.10$ per 64oz. For the future, I plan on buying the powdered stuff so i can just add a fiew scoops to the water in my pack.
Oppinions are welcome!
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
huntforlife said:
Of the two, what is better for keeping you hydrated while riding? I'll be doing 1/2 water and sports drink in my hydration pack for a race today. Right now I have poweraid because i got it for 1.10$ per 64oz. For the future, I plan on buying the powdered stuff so i can just add a fiew scoops to the water in my pack.
Oppinions are welcome!
Thanks
Paul

I remember reading some scientific study on this matter and it turns out that Gatorade has more sodium and powerade has more sugar. I think _technically_ gatorade will be better, but I think powerade tastes better :D

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
jaK_ said:
I remember reading some scientific study on this matter and it turns out that Gatorade has more sodium and powerade has more sugar. I think _technically_ gatorade will be better, but I think powerade tastes better :D
I much prefer Poweraid, particularly during 24 hour races where you are consuming more fluid.

Gatorade comes off too strong I think.

Here in Australia, Poweraid is made by Coke (I assume the same in the States) and they have marketed the product really well with a range of flavors including a new range of Light Poweraids which I think are the best drinks. There is a green one that tastes sort of like ice cream (YUM!!!)

Trevor!

·
|i|
352 Posts
Gatorade tastes better and is more refreshing for some strange reason. Powerade is a little too sweet, which is annoying when you are chugging it down.

·
XCdude
1,295 Posts
In my case powerade upsets my stomach according

huntforlife said:
Oppinions are welcome!
Thanks
Paul
to my reaserch, this is due to the type of sweetner used in powerade(I cant recall) which one is it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I like to dilute Gatorade w/half water, then add a pkt. of Emergen-C powder. Great stuff!

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
jaK_ said:
Gaterade over Powerade anyday! Should point out too that I love my sweets too :p
Powerade just tastes too watered down to me but of course on anyhot day either one will qwuence? your thrist :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
gatorade believer

I also cut my gatorade at least in half before i put it in the camel back..If I dont I drink it too fast...... :D... but remember your sweating all the sodium thats in gatorade out of your body so there is no real reason that would cause you to be more thirsty during a ride. Plus gatorade has the almighty citrus cooler, My pals and I have stock in this stuff. Or at least a small cult following. Just wish they would have done away with the lemon ice that stuff was out of the holy grail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts