Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchashed a Polar S720i. Wondering if anyone has used the optional power kit and is it worth the cash? How easy is it to set up and how accurate is it compaired to power hubs or trainers with stationary power meters?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
163 Posts
MTBXC said:
Recently purchashed a Polar S720i. Wondering if anyone has used the optional power kit and is it worth the cash? How easy is it to set up and how accurate is it compaired to power hubs or trainers with stationary power meters?
I've never used it. But, word on the street is that it's not all that great. I was going to buy it but have since decided to go with the tune power tap...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Power

I've had it on my road bike for 18 months now and would say it is worth every penny if your really into training. Training with power is much more effective then HR. I could care a less if it is exactly as accurate as a power tap. I just want to know my avg power out put on differant rides and certain hills on the ries where I go hard. It's been great to see the power numbers go up over time
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
163 Posts
merlin said:
I've had it on my road bike for 18 months now and would say it is worth every penny if your really into training. Training with power is much more effective then HR. I could care a less if it is exactly as accurate as a power tap. I just want to know my avg power out put on differant rides and certain hills on the ries where I go hard. It's been great to see the power numbers go up over time
Do you use it on a mountain bike or a road bike? I'm going with Tune for my roadie. But I want something for my MTB also... Would you say the polar is good enough for collecting data from a race?

thanks

matt
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
163 Posts
MTBXC said:
Recently purchashed a Polar S720i. Wondering if anyone has used the optional power kit and is it worth the cash? How easy is it to set up and how accurate is it compaired to power hubs or trainers with stationary power meters?
Here's a cool forum with much discussion you might be interested. It's a training with power forum.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Also, there's a paper floating around the internet where some dude compared the SRM, tune, and polar power meters. It's a great read.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
polar

mattv2099 said:
Do you use it on a mountain bike or a road bike? I'm going with Tune for my roadie. But I want something for my MTB also... Would you say the polar is good enough for collecting data from a race?

thanks

matt
I only have the power on my road bike because thats the one I do most of my training on , but...I use my polar on all 4 of my bikes and i always use it when I race. I cover it with tape so I do not pay attention do it while I'm racing then turn it off and download when the race is done.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top