Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Yep. Gotta send it to Oregon. For no apparent reason other than they are holding hands and scratching each other's backs. But they don't coat them, they paint them(they MAY also PC, but I'm told they prefer paint). And despite what some will say to you, NO, Powdercoating does NOT affect the temper of the AL, blah, blah, blah, so there's no reason to paint when PC is so much more durable.
Here's my opinion on it: Paint/coat it any damn color you want. If you break something, just buy the part outright. Helps if you have the nice hookups like I do, of course. Make friends with Spec dealers. More often than not, when you do warranty a part it comes in a basic color anyway, so you have to paint/coat to match it if you choose and there goes the warranty again anyway.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ehh that sucks. well if i break something i know they aren't going to send me the part in the color i have the bike painted in, but if something like the front triangle cracks or breaks from failure i want to be able to ride the bike and not have to pay for a replacement if the break wasn't at my fault.

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Nah, I mean if you break a STOCK part, factory painted, you kinda get what ever they have sitting around. This I am not POSITIVE on, but the 3 times I've seen stuff warranteed, that was the case. And the first thing out of their mouths was :WTF??? So now I have to either send it to Oregon to get painted under Spec conditions, or paint it myself and lose the warranty." Then they found out it cost as much to paint it there as it was to buy the part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.