Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new RS Revelation that I want to powder coat along with an On-One Inbred frame for my GF. I was wondering if there is anything I need to do besides removing the lowers, and draining the oil. Will the bushings be ok during the baking?

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it has been done, but I'll check before I take em apart.

·
Bite Me.
4,465 Posts
I don't know Rene - that matching fork and frame kit just looks a little too well thought out. It's kind of scary. For some reason I keep thinking about a teal blue tuxedo on prom night 1977.....

·
Outcast
8,575 Posts
cutthroat said:
I don't know Rene - that matching fork and frame kit just looks a little too well thought out. It's kind of scary. For some reason I keep thinking about a teal blue tuxedo on prom night 1977.....
Oh man, you are so close it's scary. It was a baby blue pasley patterned tuxedo, prom night, 1975. STOP STALKING ME!!!! :D

I wasn't looking to get the fork painted initially; it was the painter who suggested it. He showed me a couple of his bikes that he had done the combo on, and I said okay. It was january, I wasn't riding anyway, so wtf.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I had it done

I sent it to a local shop with totally clean lowers, it was an old Psylo so I had the bushings out for replacement on a bianual refit anyway. The job came out looking great but after the first digger you could see the old color under the new one so the lazy bums didn't strip it completely.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes, magnesium can be powdercoated. But it takes a special process, due to out gassing when the magnesium is heated.

Most PC shops are NOT set up to do it. Any shop can "technically" PC magnesium, but if it isn't done correctly, the PC will blow off in LARGE chunks.

Best bet is to call around and ask them directly if they are specifically equipped to PC magnesium.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.