Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I read somewhere that Steve was making flat bars with a serious bend, ~11º? If so any idea how much and how I can get some

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
WTB probably.

WTB used to sell a titanium flat bar that they would custom bend up to 15 degrees. If you're talking about the bar Marshall Hance from Endless Bikes has on his bike that's probably what it is.

Personally, I'd be very happy to see Steve marketing that bar again, I could always use a third one ;)

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
i am interested as well. of course, i have an H-bar on the way, but...
do you know what price range they fall into?
also, width and sweep?
thanks! i love having alternatives.

The mainstream ain't my dream. :cool:

·
Fixed and single.
336 Posts
Well. If you dont mind a little weight Surly's Torsion bar is pretty dang comfy and has 15 deg. as well. P.S. You also dont EVER have to worry about breaking them.

·
hispanic mechanic
2,701 Posts

Seven does custom Ti bars, IIRC, up tp 28" wide and up to 16 degrees of sweep. I don't remember the pricing exactly, but I think they were around $100.
hope that helps,

the los

·
Only dead people are old
729 Posts

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't even think of Seven, perhaps Moots will custom bend. I'll give them both a call.

·
passenger/engine
70 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Mycle said:
I found it here. I don't own one, but I think I'll buy one. $20 shipped:

http://www.nycbikes.com/item.php?item_id=328
Nice looking bar. I'd like it a little wider than 580mm though. Drevil has been really happy with his Seven. That's my next bar. Might have to get a matched set for my monkeys.

Peter

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Holy cow! $100 for a custom Seven ti bar? Moots' standard flat bar is $115 and max width is 23". Their wide riser is $200. Heck, alum bars from the likes of Truvativ, Titec, RF, etc push $75. Anyway, the Seven may be my next upgrade! Thanks! S

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
HoSS said:
Did I read somewhere that Steve was making flat bars with a serious bend, ~11�? If so any idea how much and how I can get some
cool stuff. potts still is building frames, i heard he is going to be welding the new castellano silk ti frames. i ain't sure if he still does bars though.

as for custom bars, i have a custom seven ti, 26" with a 8* bend. pretty comfy, though i just got a jones h-bar with the curved extensions from the classys. i can't wait to try that out.

titus does custom ti bars, but do a 6* MAX bend. again, i wanted 8*.

moots said NO to any custom flat bars.

my seven bar was $100 and took about 2 weeks from order to the shop. i am not sure what max bend they're willing to do it. i say give seven a call. i think $100 ain't bad at all considering it's custom and will last a LONG time (unlike carbon).

oh, and seven accessories are available to ANY buyer thru a seven dealer, not just to registered seven frame owners. if your shop tells you otherwise, they are wrong.

cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.