Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw a bid at a kind of beat looking Cross Country Racer that was on eBay while ago, guessing that it was in nicer condition than it looked. I was a little surprised to get the bike for $480. The paint, cool in its time, was faded and worked and there was a fair amount of surface rust. I had the bike stripped and powdercoated, in pink, as an homage to Jacquie Phelan's rockin' Phoenix. I had an extra Type II fork kicking around so I swapped that out. Final touches included a more period correct seatpost, a WTB shim for the WTB bar and a Salsa stem. I think it turned out pretty nice!

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
For some reason that color pink only looks good on bikes. Oh and I have been known in the past to say there are no good deals left on Ebay, but sir you have proven me wrong. Nice score and clean restore.

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
What luck, finding that on e-bay :That's a pink bike I'd proudly ride thumbsup:

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
bushpig said:
I was a little surprised to get the bike for $480. I had an extra Type II fork kicking around so I swapped that out.
Hmm, $480...Type II just laying around..., yeah i pretty much hate you.:D
I saw that one and was watching but I figured I would be outbid so I didn't bother :madman:

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
I saw it in person today Noah. It does look sweet. And you'll be happy to know I prevented sort of a "tea bagging" molestation from occurring. ;)

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Joe Steel said:
I saw it in person today Noah. It does look sweet. And you'll be happy to know I prevented sort of a "tea bagging" molestation from occurring. ;)
hopefully one of you were able to continue the tradition of a little "deposit" in the seat tube with BP's stored bikes. Best looking Potts I've seen with cantilevers! :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Dude, you should put down some 'small of the back girl tattoo' graphics on it like the Salsa in the background. Now *that's* class.

Sweet bike.

-Schmitty-

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Graph bro... really getting into graph.

The person who puts the orders into Taiwan for Salsa should take a design cue from Pott's ultra sano graphic treatment.

-Schmitty-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts