Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY all !! just thought Id let ya know about an are that is south f Brady Ne. !! we have aprox. 30 miles of single track and it is open to all that love to ride their brains out !! VERY rugged area of canyons and high ridges.
I will post exact directions and contact info later !! :thumbsup:

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
Sweet!

I have wanted to make the trip to Potter's Pasture ever since I saw an article about it in Nebraskaland magazine. The pictures you posted even strengthen that desire.

Any additional information you can post about the trails would be outstanding. I am pretty sure this is the summer I will be making the trip out that way!

Shane

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
directions to Potters Pasture are as follows : Exit I-80 at the Brady interchange , head south for approx 3 mi. , turn right at the intersection onto BRADY_MOORFIELD RD. (WEST) , you will be on this road for awhile when you reach the end of the blacktop the gate to the area is 6/10 of a mile on the gravel . The gate is on the east side of the road !! We have been doin some work on the trails and have put signage up also. All the trails are not maorked though !! We have a gps map that we are workin on so when its complete I will post it. ANYONE who is planning on comeing out be aware that this is a private area that the owner has allowed ALL MTB PEEPS to access and enjoy . Camping is primitive so bring water , there is a windmill by the main camp area though. If you need any info or wanna ride drop me a note with your phone # and I will call you . Heres my e-mail cquigdownunder @ charter.net .
Chad

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
If anyone is interested, I am trying to coordinate a Friday afternoon/evening visit here to check out the trails.

Right now the tentative plan is to drive to Brady, NE from Omaha on Friday mid-morning/early afternoon and roll into the area around 2-4pm. Maybe stop by North Platte and check out the sights for a bit (Buffalo Bill State Historical ParK?) and possibly swing by the local bike shop (Cycle Sports?) and have a look around.

Then head back towards Brady and hook up with Chad for some trail action. I will most likely be camping at Potter's Pasture on Friday night. Will bring a tent and stuff to eat, water, etc.

Wake up Saturday morning and go for a quick spin before heading back to Omaha.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Shane

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cyclesport as a "STORE" is no more !! Patti Evans is the owner and is still wrenching and heavily promoting cycleing though. She has moved everything into one of her rentals and works out of there. I will let her and the others know about this weekend on our forums board and maybe we can get some others to show up. We had approx 30 at our spring campout . ALL MTB ARE WELCOME!!! ALWAYS CLOSE GATE!! PACK OUT ALL TRASH !!!! DONT LET DOGS CHASE CATTLE !!! I went out to see if they had put any bovine in there yet and they are there!!!! No worries though we ride through or around them!! Just dont lick any "MUD" off ur fingers !!;) :p

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
Okay, trip is confirmed.

What: Guided tour by a local (thanks Chad!) of Potter's Pasture. Supposed to be pretty awesome riding from everything I have heard/read over the years. I will be camping Friday night so I can ride again on Saturday morning.

When: Friday-Saturday. Friday afternoon/evening ride (Starting at around 4pm). Then again early Saturday morning.

Where: Potter's Pasture. Brady, NE.

Who: Right now only myself and Chad are confirmed, but who knows who else might show up. Possibly you.

If anyone is interested, contact me at pawndream at cox dot net and we can work out details.

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
I hate it when people spell out their email addresses...it's worse than that time I had to decipher Devinci's Code....and we're all SCREWED!
Ok, I'm not going to make it there this weekend. Just SHREDDED the back half of a Demo 8 last Tuesday. Waiting for new parts, a new GOLD(so pimp!!!) Hadley rear hub, another damn wheel build, a new hanger and an X7 deraileur. Expensive Tuesday.
So I take it there will be a LOT of climbing/flat to be expected? I WILL be on a Demo 8 after all... I will be pretty slow!

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
thrillseeker said:
I hate it when people spell out their email addresses...it's worse than that time I had to decipher Devinci's Code....and we're all SCREWED!
Ok, I'm not going to make it there this weekend. Just SHREDDED the back half of a Demo 8 last Tuesday. Waiting for new parts, a new GOLD(so pimp!!!) Hadley rear hub, another damn wheel build, a new hanger and an X7 deraileur. Expensive Tuesday.
So I take it there will be a LOT of climbing/flat to be expected? I WILL be on a Demo 8 after all... I will be pretty slow!
The only time I spell out the email address is when posting it to web discussion forums. Posting your e-mail address on a discussion forum is an invitation for crawlbots to spam your inbox with garbage... Spelling it out reduces the chance, but it's still there.

Sorry to hear about your bike. From what Chad told me on the phone, your Demo would be right at home on some of the downhill bombing runs. My hardtail... not so much. Oh well, ride what you ride.

Yeah, from what I have gathered, there is a fair bit of climbing, followed by fairly technical (ruts) downhill runs.

I will take some pictures this Friday and Saturday and post them here to give you an idea what you can expect.

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
I know WHY people spell it out, just doesn't mean I'm any less confused!
Don't pity me for wrecking my bike, I'm an idiot. It'll be fine, it's just the whole waiting on parts to be delivered thing that KILLS me! I haven't ridden for alomsot two weeks now and I'm in agony!
Pictures will be great. And none of my crew minds a little climbing, it only sucks when a group has to wait on us. And trying to keep up, in a rush, only wears you down faster. I can climb all day long if I can do it at my own speed...which bascially consists of stomping on a pedal, the bike coming to a complete stop until I can crank on the other pedal, repeat. It takes me like 4 hours to climb one steep mile! I think it's funny.
Gawd, that one picture just looks SOOO yummy! See if you can find out what the longest gravity assisted run there is. I'm starving for a LONG, downhill singletrack!

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Dude! look at this pic! Look at the background, to be precise...I can't tell its size from here, but there looks like a BIG road gap! Looks TOO big, actually, but there's GOT to be something similar elsewhere's.
Those trails look good, I didn't realize that it was already an organized deal, I thought It was just a pasture that some riders got the OK to ride. That's pretty damn cool! Some of the trails even have names already. Very promising! Any events scheduled?

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
thrillseeker said:
Damn thing won't let me post pics right now, I'll try again in a few, but it's the last two in that photobucket...
That road gap you are referring to is the access road that drops you off near the campground area. That's just a muster point and not really one of the "trails".. but you can access several jump off points from it.. so yeah, I suppose it is a trail.

I am putting some finishing touches on the pictures I took and will post a full review of Potter's Pasture (with pics) here in a few!

Oh, and that road gap... you could probably huck off the sides of it if you really wanted to. Not a chance in hell I would do something like that, but Chad was really intrigued by the idea and after a few beers got a warm fuzzy glow as he talked about watching others try.

And as far as freeriding options go, if you have an open mind, and some creativity in picking out "trails" the sky is really the limit at Potter's. Big hucks can be found left and right, but you have to be willing to work for it. Translation: the hucking/dropping opportunities are somewhat limited on the established cross country trails, but they are lurking just off the trail for adventuresome types.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:D :p the pics you are referin to are of the camp ground and you could have a pretty good run in for that step by the wind mill . youd need a turn to get lined up but it could be done !!!! just remember its a ways to the local bone docs!!:cool: ;)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts