Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble posting good sized photos on this site. Because of the 195k size restriction I have to shrink down my photos (I'm using Irfanview) to a pretty small size, whereas I see many people are having no problems posting nice big shots.

Tscheezy suggested using the "save for web" option on photoshop, with compression of about 50 or 60%. I've looked around adobe photoshop and can't find these options.

Any advice for the digitally challenged?

Cheers,

Duncan

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Pretty easy to find that option in Photoshop. (i'm assuming you do have it, right?)

Open up whatever photo you want. Go to "file -> Save for Web . . " or you can use the shortcut alt+shift+cntrl+s.

Then you can click on image size and bring the width down to like 700ish and then make sure that in 'settings' it's set to jpeg and slide the quality bar down to 55ish. You can preview the filesize in the lower left hand corner. So slide the bar and check what the file size will be. If you're happy with how the picture looks and the filesize then go ahead and save it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Silly me, I just realized the Adobe Photoshop thing on my computer was the Album, not the full set-up. I'll get the full version of adobe photoshop onto my computer in the next few days then everything should be plain sailing.

Cheers, Duncan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.