Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see the snow pictures, bike or no bike :thumbsup:

<br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2564346">12-18-08 Snow Ride...kinda</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user857350">Matt Rozar</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

·
This space available
136 Posts
I got about as far as my driveway on the bike.

The family took a little drive around the neighborhood to play.

I can't say I ever thought I would see a snow plow on Boulder Highway.

The net on the pool made an interesting snow effect. Our dog suspected the pool was still there.

Attachments

·
Slowly but surely...
205 Posts
I tried out the new tires in the cul-de-sac and was pleased with the grip and snow-shedding but failed to take pics. I was too big of a wuss to commute in it this morning (hard to believe I used to in CO all the time). Maybe I will tomorrow, but by then it will all be gone anyways :sad:

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like it was slow going in some spots, thanks for the pics Ed!

·
Registered
666 Posts
beagledadi said:
It looks like it was slow going in some spots, thanks for the pics Ed!
Matt,

It was slow going in a lot of places. Interesting ride but not really fun. Hopefully much better by the weekend.;)

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
Great shots Ed. We did not get the snow you got at lower elevations but this is the most snow we have seen in Orange County in a while. The peak regularly gets snown in December at 5600 ft but never below 1800 ft. Should make for some fun riding up in the Santa Ana Mountains this weekend.

At least if you go down on the drop on Caldera it will be nice and soft for a few days:thumbsup: Have fun!

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
What do you guys think?

These animal tracks were at Bootleg too cutting across the IMBA trail. Looks too round for Coyote and too big for rabbit.

·
This space available
136 Posts
Plenty of rabbit tracks on the trails. Now there are plenty more tire tracks too.

No one had gone from the top of Par None toward the restrooms, or up West Leg or Mother. It took me an hour and a half to make it from the lower parking lot up Par None to Mother then down POW.

Attachments

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
seems like a whole lot more accumulation on the east side of town than the west side. Ours mostly melted before the evening was over as it has switched to rain.

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
Some house pics

These are from Flamingo/Sandhill area. Also pics of Jen's new rig! It sure was funny to see the grandkids, visiting our neighbors accross the street, reaction to their first snow. They started throwing snowballs at each other, then turned to the Nativity Scene for target practice!!! Before I could get ahold of my camera, GRAND-MA was upon them like stink on a wet dog!!!! I would be banned from this site if I were to relay her first two sentences!!!

Attachments

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Wow, great stuff! I heard about your weather on the news but didn`t think to check in and see what kind of pics would come out of it. Enjoy yourselves! I`ve been ordered off the pedals for the past month and I`m chomping at the bit to go out and play too- maybe next month.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts