Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be a good idea for us to post our suspension setups. That way we could try other riders setups that have similar bikes and similar weight. Im 6'2 205lbs. 08 fuel ex 8. Rear Fox rp2 160psi rebound about the middle. Front Fox Float Rl 65psi rebound 7 clicks from full fast. I can't get even close to the recommended sag on the fork when using Fox's recommended psi (100) for my weight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am 5' 8", 195 lbs.
Bike-Remedy 8.
Fork-Lyric 2-step. 115 psi, High speed Compression 10 clicks out from soft, Low speed compression 10-12 clicks out from soft, Rebound about midway, Lockout 1 1/2 turns from soft.
Suspension-Rp23xv Fox. 185 psi, rebound middle, pro-pedal usually #2, sometimes depending on the terrain I will set it on #1.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Frankinnj said:
I am 5' 8", 195 lbs.
Bike-Remedy 8.
Fork-Lyric 2-step. 115 psi, High speed Compression 10 clicks out from soft, Low speed compression 10-12 clicks out from soft, Rebound about midway, Lockout 1 1/2 turns from soft.
Suspension-Rp23xv Fox. 185 psi, rebound middle, pro-pedal usually #2, sometimes depending on the terrain I will set it on #1.
Remedy 8. Still dialing in...
5'11" 220 lbs
Fork - Lyric 2-step 100psi Slow at 5 clicks Fast at 7 clicks
Shock - RP23 195 psi PP seting 1 (still use all the travel but never feel the bottom)

For my weight and riding style, the Trek reccomended air pressures are way high on the fork and 10-15 psi low on the shock. Anyone else get proper sag and use most travel at factory specs?

Frankinnj, How much fork travel are you getting? I am still dialing in my remedy and to get full travel out of the fork, with all the compession at full slow (turned to the left) I have to run it down to 100psi and I outweigh you by 30 lbs.

·
Nightmare on Lyrik st. VI
818 Posts
Me: 5'9" 165lbs
Bike: Remedy 8 Medium
Fork setting: 95psi, 4 slow, 4 fast, 1 floodgate, rebound in middle
Shock setting: 160psi, 6 clicks rebound, propedal off

Travel used: 140mm fork (no jumps, but big roots and mid-size logs at speed), full travel shock (on a rollercoaster)

·
my church is the woods
1,066 Posts
Bike: 2008 Fuel EX9
Me: 165lbs.

Front: 65 psi. rebound 6 clicks from closed
Rear 115 psi. getting exactly 13mm of sag, but can't get full travel. the o-ring hasn't gone into the last 0.5" of the shock shaft.

Has anyone run an XV sleeve on their Fuel EX bike? from the pics, looks like the 09's are comint with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
08 Fuel EX 8
200lbs no gear, haven't gotten full travel yet, but heard that it takes some break in time
fork 100 2 clicks more than middle on damping
RP2 145 middle in damping

How do you set up the propedal? I got no directions for suspension set up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.