Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Spooky pics!

58K views 159 replies 58 participants last post by  MendonCycleSmith 
baby blue pit boss

gimme two days and I will post pics of my baby blue Pit Boss.

I had one new back in 2000, sold it (for some stupid reason), regretted selling it for 6 years, then found another one exactly the same on ebay and bought it on the spot. my lovely spooky is back.

my friend has an older white Project-X frame, but it was never built up. I think we have it among friends up in Seattle being built up as a sidecar racer.

pics to come...

Rumpfy said:
Two days!? WTF mate?
I am having my pictures painted...:rolleyes:

Im staying at my parents house tonight, no laptop with me

pic will come, dont worry, i like Spooky.

If I have a pic of my old Spooky shirts I will post them. My "The Mothership" shirt is the best.

yea, ok i be home tonight.

i think all i got is pics of the original baby blue frame i had. i can gets some better ones of the "new" baby blue bike. i have good pics of the project x and my friends small black pitboss that he had breifly.

i will have to dig out the t-shirts or find the photos. i know i kept the spooky t-shirts or at least took a pic of it. i wore the snot out of them because they were such rad shirts.
-ride with your friends
-the mothership

the last time i saw a Spooky tent at a race was Big Bear Norba in 2000? I wish i had bought more clothes from them instead of having money to eat:rolleyes:

i really really like this thread:thumbsup:

SuspectDevice said:
Please guys, don't sell replica T-Shirts. Kevin still owns and protects the name... If you are going to get shirts made, please make them only for your personal consumption....
Totally understandable.:thumbsup:

They really were my favorite shirts to wear. They either had something utterly silly or a really cool message.

This is really bad pic of the Pit Boss I picked up off of ebay last spring. It was covered in ski equipment stickers:confused: , had some wacky component and cockpit setup, and looked in pretty bad shape. when i asked the shipped to have a bike shop box it up to ship from Philly, they instead taped a few boxes together and with no padding the shoved everything in. when it arrived at my doorstep the pedals were sticking out the sides of the box and the frame was a little scratched up, as well as some of the components.

I cleaned the stickers off, put on some better parts, squishy seat and hi rise bars and gave it to my dad to ride around on. I have a spare seatpost and saddle, as well as stem and lo-rise bar to swap out when I want to ride it.

I even found a full frame sticker kit for one of the Spooky BMX frames? I might have the frame repainted baby blue because its chipped in parts and the red stickers dont look as good as the mirrored stickers i have spares of.

pics of the bike now and the sticker kit to follow, as well as some other goodies...

BottomFeeder said:
That drives me nuts! Why do people slap stickers all over sweet bikes!? Sweet bike though!!
It also had a gnarly old tire zip tied to the chainstay and also to the downtube by the BB??? Like a bashguard on the DT of a mod trials bike? WTF? :rolleyes:

It took a lot of time and acetone to take of many of the low quality stickers slapped all over the frame. Paperbacked and lots of glue:madman:

this is the box it came in...

The pedals were still on!!!:mad:

I will post up pics of the cleaned up bike soon, I promise!

Another view of my friends medium dark kelly green Pit Boss. He didnt ride it for very long as it was a little too short and had too aggressive of a geometry for him. His shoes hit the front wheel a lot, but I always thought it was a pretty sick bike. He had it the same time I had my first baby blue PB. West Coast Spooky love!

The scanner works now...

Frame stickers (for the Spooky BMX frame???) bought on ebay last year. They will be going on my Pit Boss after I have it repainted. Yummy :thumbsup:

GRRRR:madman: Imageshack wont let me upload the image with the prismatic Spooky stickers.....give it a day

yup

MendonCycleSmith said:
Wasn't the FS'er called the Project X? A buddy of mine had one, anyone else? I'll bug him, see if he has pics. That thing was sick.
I have a couple pics to upload of a Project X my friend has.

It is currently in Seattle being ressurected. It had a non-standard rear brake mount, and a wacky rear spacing, plus the Risse shock was a POS.

But man, it is a burly looking bike, I cant wait to ride it again:thumbsup:

Rumpfy said:
Hahahah!

Does DH know you're posting dorky pictures of him?

What year was that at SOC?
Well DH, or The Lama, never surfs MTBR so I am sure he wont see this ;)

I think it was the '01 SOC? Damian did the short course, with a high fever. My other friends did trials and one did DH and DS. He didnt want to camp out at Laguna Seca with my friends, so we shacked up at a bed-and-breakfast over in Carmel Valley. It was very romantic :rolleyes:

He hated this Spooky, but he bought one because I had one, I think? It was the coolest dark green color. I wish I had a job back then because I would have bought it from him.

He remembers calling them to order a derailer hanger, and all he could hear over the phone was super loud East Coast Hardcore untill someone turned it down.

If you look really closely, you will see my Pit-Boss. I rode it at the Sea Otter Vintage ride this year with a host of much older bikes. Was in the remaining 5 who finished the 18mi pre-ride. I still love this bike. :eek:

eddie_spaghetti said:
Hi everyone,

UK Spooky owner here. Thought I'd post a pic of my Project-X. To say it's non standard would be a bit of an understatement but I thought you guys might appreciate it:
Thats the dogs bollocks!!! :cornut: