Votes: 7 9.7%
  • SL

Votes: 32 44.4%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Novato trail fugitive
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the old 130mm, the 05-07 enduro's, the SL's and the SX's. Post 'em all. Here's mine,

I'm runnin:
2007 enduro expert frame
2008 fox dhx air 5.0
2009 rock shox lyrik soloair
easton ea70 monkeybars
raceface deus xc stem
shimano saint brakes
shimano lx derailers
shimano hone cranks
loco front wheel
rhinolite rear wheel
raceface diabolous headset
WTB weirwolf 2.5lt
ODI lock ons

just got it completely build about a week ago, only ridden it twice since then, but so far has been completely awesome.

Attachments

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
For my riding it's the latest, I have very fond memories of the enduros i have had.

S-Works 05
S-Works 06
Enduro SL Pro 07
Enduro SL Expert 08

Will try and get the other pics off the computer at home and post.

·
Registered
293 Posts
catnash said:
For my riding it's the latest, I have very fond memories of the enduros i have had.

S-Works 05
S-Works 06
Enduro SL Pro 07
Enduro SL Expert 08

Will try and get the other pics off the computer at home and post.
Why did you get an 08 if you already had an 07?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just got a Lyrik u-turn 160mm to reclaim my HA from the tyranny of the 66RC I currently have on it! 595mm A2C! A bit long for going up, great for going down though. Did someone say silky soft pillows!! HAHA, not quite but good and controlled.

I also just got a coil Roco TST-r! To take away the issues of blowing through all my travel! I can can almost full travel use, riding to work on the streets (same route I used to go on my Pista). I will take some nice high res photos (hint hint!) when the transplant is complete. I am hoping it will still be more than confident on the DH, but be much better behaved on the XC and up sections!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
OP: I got confused... what did you mean by SX? The SX Trail bike? or the Enduro with the SX-style frame, which was '05-07 anyway right?

and '05-07 means which versions? The 05-07 offered 140-150mm (rear) travel (except for Enduro 130, which was a carryover frame from prior years)

I think I'm just confused by the 05-07/and SX headings.

But also, what about the oldest enduros: like these from 2000-2001 (3.8-4.6" travel)
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...Brand=Specialized&Model=Enduro+Comp&Type=bike

and then Spec did these 2002-2004 ('the old 130mm' , as you say)
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...nd=Specialized&Model=Enduro+Pro+FSR&Type=bike

then these 2005-2007 (140-150mm travel) [note the 07s were all leftovers from 06]
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...and=Specialized&Model=Enduro+Expert&Type=bike

and they also released the SL in 07, and is the current enduro offering (150mm travel)
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...and=Specialized&Model=Enduro+Expert&Type=bike

and to actually add something useful to this thread other than nitpicking... here's my 06 all beefed out...

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nagaredama said:
ebotto, give us the low down on your 04! Thinking of building one as a low slack XC bike. Shorter shock/longer fork.

What size shock do you have on it? How much travel does the fork have?
Marzocchi Drop Off II 130mm
Fox Vanilla R 7.5x2.0
V-One all mtn stem
Race Face DH OS bar
WTB Pure Ti seat
Thompson seat post
Hone cranks converted to 1x9 w/Race Face 34t
Shadow XT RD
Hayes HFX9 brakes
Azonic Outlaws converted to tubeless
Nevegal 2.5 front and 2.35 rear
It comes in around 34lbs
I ride mostly XC but love the fast DH and the occasional 2-3 foot drop.

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
'06-'07 Pro, had it about a year now.
Medium, Vanilla RC 8.75x2.75, Lyric Coil Uturn, Ghetto Tubeless Enduro Pros-2.4 fr, 2.3 rr, WTB Pure V, ODI lock ons, Hone cranks, SPD pedals.

This bike goes to bike parks and all my regular local trails. I really couldn't ask for a better bike.

I am looking for a nice 60 mm stem and some cheap, strong (bike park) wheels...

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
bad andy said:
UncleSix.. nice. Try a Thomson X4 @ 50mm stem, and Halo Freedom Discs wheels are about $250 and park-worthy. Azonic Outlaws are park-worthy too, similarly priced, but I think a tad heavier though.
Yeah, I was looking at those (ebay). I was also looking at some 60 mm stems from Race face, Syncros, FSA, Truvativ... I'm on a budget, so I was trying to be patient and wait for a deal. I am not sure about going all the way down to 50mm, What I'd really like is the stock Enduro stem from the small frame, but there aren't any of those looking for a home from what I have seen.

For wheels, I was leaning towards some cheap, durable Sun or Mavic rims built with the XT rr/Quando 20mm fr hubs. Probably not the best, but they would only see about 10-12 rides per year.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Finally got my Lyrik fitted.

Haven't had the opportunity to hit any trails yet, only ridden around the streets near my home, but the ride is so much more focused. Travel adjust works great too, I read people complaining about having to turn the knob loads to get much change, but it's only a few turns to get it to drop a few cm.

Anyway, compared to the 66RC it is a HUGE difference HA now is about 68° in 160mm setting, the 66RC gave me about 63°! I am so glad I made the change. I just hope the Lyrik will prove to be capable at DH too. My goal is to have a do it all fork, and it seems this will do it. I have to get the Roco TST-r fitted next.

Excuse the slicks, they are to save my dirt tires when riding in the city (and to keep the weight down when commuting). It looks a bit wierd like this i know. I can't wait to get out on the trails, I will put my 2.5 Nevegals on it when i do!

·
Upgrade your life
313 Posts
Blurry!

Crappy phone pic.

Frame: 01 Specialized Enduro Pro HT
Stem: Easton EA30
Handlebars: FSA XC 281
Shifters/Brakes: XT M770 Dual Control
Brakes: Avid BB7 160mm
Headset: WTB Momentum
Fork: Fox Vanilla RLC 32
Saddle: WTB Laser V
Crankset: LX Hollowtech II
Front Derailleur: XT M760
Rear Derailleur: XT M771 Low / Red KCNC Pulleys
Rear Cassette: XT M750
Chain: SRAM PC991
Pedals: DMR V8's, CB Acid V1
Wheels: WTB Dual Duty XC

Semi vertical drop outs suck!

J

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
06 Enduro (large)

8.5 x 2.5 Roco
160mm 55 TST2 modded to port/shim stack damper
4" Gravity Dropper
Big Betty (f) & Intense System 4 (r) tires (r is wire bead converted tubeless)
~36 pounds

Geo:
13.25 inch BB
67.5 HA

I love this bike. I have yet to ride over it's abilities, and the geo is fantastic for all around riding (a surprise for the slack HA). The bike has gotten me results in Dual Slalom and the Downieville Downhill, and I have done 30+ mile rides, a testament to it's overall abilities.:thumbsup:

It is also so stable in the air that it has given me the confidence to start jumping again. :eek:

P

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.