Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S-Works said:
Sheesh XCG! I didn't know we were supposed take pics:confused:
Well...yeah. And speaking of pics, where's the periodic S-Works ride stoke with pics? It's always a pleasure to see your ride pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gatorchick said:
That sunset was amazing! We watched it from the porch of Oskar Blues but didn't get any pics.
I was sitting at my desk, noticed an orange glow in the room, grabbed my camera, ran to my front porch and took that pic. And of course I stood there and marveled at it till it lost color.

I just remember a rider last year who got the whole sequence from little color to amazing to faded with the mountains in the distance. Be nice if somebody caught that last night.
 

·
mtbmike
Joined
·
304 Posts
Looking east wasn't so bad either

On the way home from Picture Rock, the sun rays shooting east were incredible. I know there is a special name for it, but don't recall.

It was enough to make me pull over and take a shot.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mtbmike1 said:
On the way home from Picture Rock, the sun rays shooting east were incredible. I know there is a special name for it, but don't recall.

It was enough to make me pull over and take a shot.
Very cool picture. The term you're looking for is "crepuscular rays" and I don't blame you for not remembering it. How often does anybody use "crepuscular" in a sentence on a yearly basis? Sounds kind of yucky. Anyway, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepuscular_rays
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ssperl said:
Good catch. How many times does a person use the word "anticrepuscular" in a sentence on a yearly basis? I bet less than "crepuscular" but not by much. I'm gonna start looking east during sunset from now on.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
xcguy said:
Well...yeah. And speaking of pics, where's the periodic S-Works ride stoke with pics? It's always a pleasure to see your ride pics.
Been too busy working to ride. And the few rides I've gotten in, I've been too busy changing flats to take pics. Picture Rock may be your favorite new trail, but it has singlehandedly convinced me I at least need to try tubeless. I've had more flats on that trail (4), the first time I rode it, than I have in the last 3 years:eekster:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
S-Works said:
Been too busy working to ride. And the few rides I've gotten in, I've been too busy changing flats to take pics. Picture Rock may be your favorite new trail, but it has singlehandedly convinced me I at least need to try tubeless. I've had more flats on that trail (4), the first time I rode it, than I have in the last 3 years:eekster:
Well, take a picture of you changing a tire! That's what you get for swerving off the trail to avoid other riders. Me (knock on wood) I've never flatted there. (better make sure I got a fresh patch kit with me next time).
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
xcguy said:
Well, take a picture of you changing a tire! That's what you get for swerving off the trail to avoid other riders. Me (knock on wood) I've never flatted there. (better make sure I got a fresh patch kit with me next time).
I blame it all on Jay. He purposely diverted through a field full of baby heads on the way from Redstone to Picture Rock yesterday.:D :D

Send good wishes to Jay, his marching band is competing in their state competition today. Good Luck Silver Creek!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's pretty cool that the mountain biking community from Westminster to Lyons to Ned to Buffalo Creek all got to get in on this great sunset. More pics!
 

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
No wind in Fort Collins meant no big sunset too.

It was pretty nice looking down south though. I even made the comment to my wife that the MTB forum will be full of sunset pic's soon from the Boulder/Denver crowd. :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top