Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

461 - 480 of 1165 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My brother just got him a 2006 Rush 1000 with some nice upgrades. We're very excited about it, and will post the pics as soon the bike gets here!

But here the full set-up list:

- 06 Rush 1000 Team frame with RP3
- Lefty Speed DLR
- XT Crankset
- XT Dual Control shifters and hydraulic brakes
- XT front derailleur
- XTR rear derailleur
- XTR 11-34 cassete
- XT HG-93 chain
- Avid G2 rotors
- Mavic Crossmax SL for Lefty
- FSA XC-190 handlebar
- FSA FR-200 seatpost
- Cannondale 31.8 Stem
- Ritchey True Grip grips
- WTB Rocket V Team saddle
- Cannondale seatpost clamp
- Michelin Hard Terrain tyres w/ Michelin tubes

Quite good, huh? Yes, indeed! :D Pics soon!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Black RONIN said:
My brother just got him a 2006 Rush 1000 with some nice upgrades. We're very excited about it, and will post the pics as soon the bike gets here!

- Lefty Speed DLR
- XT Crankset
- XT front derailleur
- XTR rear derailleur
- XTR 11-34 cassete
- XT HG-93 chain
- Avid G2 rotors
- FSA XC-190 handlebar
- FSA FR-200 seatpost
- Cannondale 31.8 Stem

:eekster: Sounds like a true thorobred race machine. Good job with the upgrades!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
i just picked up this one last week. Its awesome:thumbsup:This is my first Rush any do's and dont's i should know about? As you might see i already had it at the local trail. Any tips are highly appriciated.

Attachments

·
Huge Tracts of Land
165 Posts
danitolaboy said:
i just picked up this one last week. Its awesome:thumbsup:This is my first Rush any do's and dont's i should know about? As you might see i already had it at the local trail. Any tips are highly appriciated.

Get it dirty, give it heaps, it just keeps coming back for more

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
286 Posts
danitolaboy said:
yeah ride hard, don't hold back, and absolutely do not leave it in the driveway to collect dust (which doesn't seem like you will based on the first picture)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Here's the bike!

Here's the bike's pics! It's the VERY FIRST Cannondale in the family, don't need to say everyone is in awe with this bike! It made me want even more the Prophet! The bike is weighting mere 11,800g! The Team Rep colour is just beautiful! Haven't seen a Carbon yet, but man, I think that if the aluminum is already this stuning, the Carbon Rush must be incredibly amazing!

From the specs, only the tires have changed, from the Michelin Hard Terrain to the Michelin X-Trem 2.0". Way better grip on most overall conditions, and not only flats like the HTs.

Black RONIN said:

- Lefty Speed DLR
- XT Crankset
- XT front derailleur
- XTR rear derailleur
- XTR 11-34 cassete
- XT HG-93 chain
- Avid G2 rotors
- FSA XC-190 handlebar
- FSA FR-200 seatpost
- Cannondale 31.8 Stem

·
Registered
469 Posts
That is one of my favorite color schemes for the Rush...the black powdercoat has to be seen to be appreciated in full. You'll definitely love the raw area of the downtube, because that part gets pounded with mud and small stones.

Great tires too. I have an X'trem 2.2 which I throw on the front for heavy riding. Its pretty super heavy, probably close to 1000gm judging in comparison to my other tires. The 2.0's must be considerably lighter. In any case, they grip like an animal.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
squads said:
That is one of my favorite color schemes for the Rush...the black powdercoat has to be seen to be appreciated in full. You'll definitely love the raw area of the downtube, because that part gets pounded with mud and small stones.

Great tires too. I have an X'trem 2.2 which I throw on the front for heavy riding. Its pretty super heavy, probably close to 1000gm judging in comparison to my other tires. The 2.0's must be considerably lighter. In any case, they grip like an animal.
The black isn't just black, when you come close or see it in the sun, there are shiny pigments, that actually make the color sparkle! The raw finish is so well done that you can only wonder how they do it. From the perfect tube shaping to the seamless welds, it's a work of art you could only find in a Cannondale. It's amazing what these guys do, knowing this is not a custom-made bike, but a production model! It's a whole new world when you have a Cannondale. Now I can never come back from where I came. But hey, that's the good thing about it.

The Michelin X-Trem are just that great. The weight is 595g each, but they are not tubeless. Probably the ones you are using are not only wider, but maybe also tubeless-ready, so it adds some weight. But total weight with tubes is 730g, 'cause my brother is using some light Michelin tubes.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Black RONIN said:
The black isn't just black, when you come close or see it in the sun, there are shiny pigments, that actually make the color sparkle! The raw finish is so well done that you can only wonder how they do it. From the perfect tube shaping to the seamless welds, it's a work of art you could only find in a Cannondale. It's amazing what these guys do, knowing this is not a custom-made bike, but a production model! It's a whole new world when you have a Cannondale. Now I can never come back from where I came. But hey, that's the good thing about it.
Yeah I know all about the black. I have the '07 Rush 4 in black with orange highlights. Sometimes I just sit there and stare at it until the bike gets uncomfortable. I'll get some pics of the bike up once I get a hold of a digital camera worthy of a Cannondale. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts

Weight about 9.8kg (with pedals, bottle cage and Polar CS600 cycling computer). I have ordered DT-Swiss SSD carbon rearshock (about -100g) but it is not yet arrived.
I will make list of parts soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
frame Rush Carbon team l-size
shock Fox RPL waiting DT swiss ssc carbon
headset Cannondale
fork Lefty Carbon SL
wheels Mavic Cross Max SLR
brakes Avid Ultimate with Stans discs
bar Easton EC90 SL
stem Cannondale SI
rear der Sram X0 medium cage
front der XTR
sifters X0 Twist sifters
casette XTR 11-34
chain KMC X10SL
crank Cannondale SI, shorter bb, Extralite 30t and FSA 44t chainrings
saddle SLR
seat post New Ultimate MTB
seat blinner Campagnolo
tires Python tubeless ready + little bit of stans
grips Ritchey
pedals Crank Brother 2ti with shorter titanium axels
skewer Mavic titanium
bottle cage Elite Carbon
Cables shimano
Polar CS600 cycle computer
All bolts are changed titanium or aluminium ones.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,748 Posts
9.7 kilos with the new shock!!!

That's about 21.4 elbows in our land - WOW!!! That is sickly light. Is that the new SL cranks?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Almost done

ingredients:
one size L brown rush
one half lefty carbon sl
one piece 90mm SI lefty quill
2 piece xt cranks
5 parts stupidfastness
2 candy pedals
1 juicy ultimate. (rear not on yet)
X7 8 speed twisty
X9 short in the rear
1 old selle saddle
1 thomson 330 seatpost
2 24 spoke 819 mavics rolling on dt swiss 240's
2 foam grips
1 salsa clamp
1 hope skewer
2 hutchinson spider lite 2.3 non ust tires with stans

just kiddin:

·
Registered
469 Posts
That must have been a Rush 4 at some point. I have the black and orange one and I'm tryna set it up like that eventually. You just need a carbon bar up on the front and you'll be set.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here are some pics of my new Rush 4 - 2007. This was the second time using it.
Took it out to a trail in the north-east part of Puerto Rico that has very steep hills with loose rocks and dirt in most areas later compensated by the same type of terrain in downhills, tall drops and closed curves. The bike felt awesome!

Got some doubts about the air pressure in the ft. and rear shock. I weigh 170 pounds... any help?

·
Registered
538 Posts
yules said:
Nice bike! What's the shock on this one? where's the knobs for rebound/ propedal?
Thanks. It's got no rebound or propedal. It's a as is out the factory float. Less to break. Less weight. Less money. It wasn't my choice but it works really well with little bob. It's nice to have a fully active air shock for a change. This single pivot is fairly bob free.

The BB measures at 13 inches with the 2.3 spiders. Hope to avoid too much pedal strike.

461 - 480 of 1165 Posts