Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1165 Posts

·
cannondale rider
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on, doesnt anyone have a rush to post pictures of. i think they are great looking bikes.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Rush 1000

Viz-that is one great looking bike-enjoy. How do you like the mavic (are they Cross land wheels)?

·
Unit 91
1,408 Posts
Is it just me or do some of the Rush's come with extremely wide handlebars. We have an 800 at our shop and good gosh those things are wide.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
TheProphet said:
Is it just me or do some of the Rush's come with extremely wide handlebars. We have an 800 at our shop and good gosh those things are wide.
I used to cut every handlebars I had... It's better to have a too wide bar than a too narrow, it's easy to cut it, not as easy to make it wider. Any shop can cut it down if you want to.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Team Colors

I must admit I wasn't as big a fan of the 2006 team replica paint as the 2005. But every time I see the new colors they look great. That raw finish with the black is realy sharp. :cool:

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
I'm glad someone finally posted a Rush - the stores around here (Ontario) are still waiting on their first shipments of the Rush, so I have yet to see one.

I'm eyeing up a Rush 2000

Do you have any more pictures of your Rush 1000? Better yet, do you have any initial impressions on the ride?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
781 Posts
vizcaino said:

This is my Rush 1000...
You know there is something strange w/ those cranks. I don't think this it FSA Afterburner that is specced on the bike. Just take a look at this Prophet 1000 and you can see the difference. Conspiracy? :rolleyes:

·
Beep, Beep...
247 Posts
More Pictures...

rshank3499 said:
lets see some rushes
These are more picture of my rush 1000.
Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
It is a very nice bike !!!.

·
Registered
781 Posts
vizcaino said:

These are more picture of my rush 1000.
Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
It is a very nice bike !!!.
Oh, please take down those plastic pieces (behind the cassette, on the pedals and spokes) it totaly ruins the looks. ;)

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Crazy internet, just crazy! Double post... :rolleyes: Might as well say something else:

Looks like the Mavic Crossland Lefty uses a Cannondale front hub, possible since it doesn't use crazy proprietary spokes like the Crossmax...

Crazy I tell ya! :D

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
pecka said:
Oh, please take down those plastic pieces (behind the cassette, on the pedals and spokes) it totaly ruins the looks. ;)
Agreed, that plastic disc between the cassette and spokes belong on a crappy bike, not on you Rush. But it's the first time I see plastic pedal clip-ins for eggbeaters... Still, take these off too. :D

·
Beep, Beep...
247 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Agreed, that plastic disc between the cassette and spokes belong on a crappy bike, not on you Rush. But it's the first time I see plastic pedal clip-ins for eggbeaters... Still, take these off too. :D
I have already removed the plastic between the cassette and spokes. I did it befor the first ride. The plastic platform on the egg beaters have been taken off as well. Those pictures were taken when I took the bike from the store (never ridden).

·
Registered
223 Posts
patsplat said:
It's gotta be less than 29lbs. ??? My 400 weighs in @ 30. Anyone have any suggestions for some ways to lighten a stock rush 400?
like all cheaper c-dale models, start with the wheels and tires. Then as you budget goes deeper get some light hydro stoppers like xtr with non dual control xt levers and run etierh titanium or aluminum rotors. Get you a better crank. an xtr crank will save you another 400 to 500 grams. If you don't want to spend that kind of jack take a look at the race face dues. Those are good cranks as well an 2/3 of the price.

also get some carbon bars/seat post/ and a Fizik Gobi saddle.

1 - 20 of 1165 Posts