Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody:

I don't feel like the right person for starting this new thread but I didn't find the place to post my new Rize Two. I was able to make some deep upgrades in my bike for a reasonable price thanks to the people from my local C-dale dealer store. You really rock guys :thumbsup:
On the scale it gave 10.9 Kgs (24 Lbs) that is lighter than my old carbon Rush!

The details are:
PBR Lefty Max 130mm
Si SL Hollowgram crank with Rotor Q-Ring chainrings
Pedals are CB SL that are gonna be switched for Look Quartz Ti in the near future (need more platform)
Spinergy wheels with Enduro Zero ceramic bearings
Scott Ozon 2.2 tires
Formula Oro Bianco brakeset with Hope floating rotors
Answer carbon low riser
Sram X.0 shifters
Sram X.0 rear derailleur
XTR cassette 11-34
Shimano XTR front derailleur
Ergon GX 1 grips (really recommended)
Thomson Masterpiece setback seatpost
Selle Italia SLR Ti saddle

Sorry for the pics but my camera sucks...

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
You were not kidding about the deep upgrades! Very nice build there.

Have you used those Spinergy wheels before? Are they tubeless compatible?

·
Registered
221 Posts
here's mine RIZE 5 straight from portugal

night ridding ;)

despite posting the fotos i'm going to do a little review for those wanting to check some reviews o the bike,

it's simply a beautiful bike for start i love the looks but despite all that it's a diabolic machine on the "grounds" it climbs not as a taurine or a rush , but it climbs not bad, but when you go downhill there's where you see all the technology it feels like it has a never ending travel , it's always very soft eating all the ground imperfections, it's a very agile bike in single tracking very agile , it has 14,5 kg but it's easily pulled of the ground and gains air, i'm very happy with is performance it's simply a great bike i love it, thank you cannodale for making such a lovely bike

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've order my Rize 1 back in mid April and the bike is expect to arrive in nex a couple of weeks.
I also did major upgrade on my Rize from top to down.
I haven't riding for few years after I sold my Raven 2 and I'm very excited about it.

I did following upgrades...

XTR Shifters
XTR Front Derailleur
XTR Shadow Rear Derailleur
XTR CN7701 Chain
XTR Cassette 11-34
XTR Cables and Housings
TIME ATAC XS Caron Pedals
Easton Monkey Lite XC Risebar
Magura Marta SL Red
Selle Flite Gel Flow Ti.
Mavic Crossmax SLR

I will post the pics as soon as I get my bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
His and Hers from Scottsdale, AZ

Rize 3 with the following upgrades...

XT M770 crank
X.9 Shifters
Wellgo MG-1 pedals

Weighs in at 28.25 pounds

Picked them up today, but cannot ride them until the weekend.

Also, these are upgrades from 1997 Super V 1000s!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
huh I thought the those aluminum lefty PBRs were going to be black. Also did those Maxxis Rendez come with your pair of Rize 3s?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wished they had the Rize 3 here in Europe. The first rize here with a lefty is the Carbon 2.
Still doubting between the Carbon and Alu Rize. Had some discussions here and most people that had both alu and carbon bikes tell me the price difference is not worth the advantage. but the alu Rize in Europe does not come with a lefty. at least not this year. No idea about next year so might ride my Jekyll a bit longer and see if they have one in 2009

·
Registered
148 Posts
Same here. I have sold my Rush yesterday, and now I am left with my hardtail, so I can wait a bit longer for the 2009 models. On the other hand I had demo RIze 4 for the weekend and it would be great bike for me. I will probably buy Rize 4 (2.500 eur), as Rize 3 is about 1000 eur more and it still doesn't have lefty.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Nice pair! :ihih:
And the bikes look nice too.
I like the red one, minus the bar ends. I think the Lefty PBR would look better black

·
Registered
409 Posts
here's my Rize,
w/ my last post from the 1st impression thread.
(basically a L Rize 2 frame, PBR fork, SI stem, shortened to 100mm from the stock 110, almost everything else tranferred from my old bike.. 1x9, xo, formula k24... working very well.)

"last post"
So,
i got my new wheels... Daves speeddream, dt rear hub w/ 10mil thru bolt... woodman front, stans rims... love 'em.

i just like the feel of traditional spokes, a little different sensation.
and
in this case, lighter as well.

I weighed my bike for the first time after switching out the bar to a 710mm FSA DH gravity carbon,

24.25!

w/ 2.35 nevegal front, 2.1 rear, a 28in bar and ready to rock.

also, the crank weighs about 860 grams, so i could lose over a half pound by going to the cdale hologram on my wifes bike.. but right now i'm too concerned about it possiblly being creaky..

lovin' this bike...
racin' it at the all mountain class at downieville in 2 months.

Next changes, today.
i'm going back to the specialized eskar control 2.3 tires front and rear... the kendas ride very well, but I realized the sidewalls are too thin after i ripped another one. i don't want to do that at dville, so i'm thinking eskar are tougher, while just adding amaybe 50grams.
also, the 10mm thru bolt added a little weight, but its stiff and confidence inspiring.

Also, almost new Mavic crosstrail lefty wheelset for sale, maybe $300, if you know anybody looking. i think they retail for $475 or so, so that seems a value to me.

cheers,
holiday

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Man they really did this bike right. The cable routing is a huge improvement over the Rush. On the Rush both shifter cables run exposed down the center of the downtube, where they get pelted with dirt, dust, mud, and water. They moved the front cable under the top tube on the Rize and the rear cable is more on the side of the downtube. It looks like alot less chance for cable rub as well.

Anyone know if they are selling just the frameset for this bike? I want to get new wheels for my Rush and transfer them over to a Carbon Rize when I can get some money together (next year probably).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
jura2004 said:
So I got myself a new Rize 4. As I live in europe it is EU model.:thumbsup: Here are some pics. Not as nice as schuster_md's, and 2,1 kg heavier, but still rides great. And even more important it is mine so I can ride it:D
Sweet bike that you got there, congrats :thumbsup: Keep us posted with your feelings about riding it. Cheers,

schuster_md

1 - 20 of 691 Posts