Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, well here is a picture thread for all new Pivots :D.

I guess we wont need a specialized thread for Mach 4 or Mach 5 pictures cause the design looks the same anyway :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha! I figured most people in this forum know what a Mach 5 looks like already so I thought I'd post a pic to show where it's been.

And no, the bike felt nice and efficient on the XC trails. If anything resembled a mammoth, it's me! :sad:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, most people know how a Mach 5 looks like but what makes people interested is the components on your bike and any mods that you might do on your bike :D. Not necessary to tell, some people will notice something different on your bike and will ask questions. That's how this kind of thread work.

A rider post a picture.
Some rider ask some things about the rider bike photo.
Conversation continues.

Also, it inspires other riders about what kind of component he or she should have :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
mach 4 here...reba u-turn, marta sl 180/160, all dt wheels (240s / 4.2d / supercomp), frankenstein x.9/x.0/dura ace/xt drivetrain (yes, it works!). 25.4lbs as pictured, size medium.

needs brake line/cable housing trim, i know. and i'm not sold on the silver thomson...thought they might set off the frame (which is the real showpiece here) instead of becoming part of it. whatever. it absolutely rips!

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
I normally don't comment on the looks of a bike, highest performance is my interest and form follows function. I tend to go mono-tone with little flash.

But you've done very well in balancing the colors throughout. The SP, stem, cranks and rear der look well balanced visually. And the red ties in as well.

That bike must just rip up an XC course! Very nice!

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 5-month old Mach 5..........Fox Talas RLC, XTR Cranks, X9 Shifters, X9 Rear Derailleur, XT Front Derailleur, XT Cassette, XT Brakes, Thomson Post and Stem, Easton Monkeylite Bars, Ritchey WCS Headset, DT 5.1 (w/ Tubeless kit) laced to Chris Kings, WTB Wolverine Fr Tire, and Schwalbe Racing Ralph Rear Tire. It's pretty much my do-it-all bike.......taken me up some long climbs and has taken me down some pretty hairy descents. All I can say is that I'm super happy with my decision!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, is it me or the small bridge at the top tube and seat tube size varies according to frame size and its length is different for both Mach 4 and Mach 5?

Its good to see this thread is picking up some pace :D

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
post #7 was not in reference to the mach 5 immediately preceding it? that was my reading. anway, as i've said, my 4 is 11.5kg...not a featherweight, but not a porker either.
Yea, my mistake. Anyway, 11.5 kg for an XC bike with today standards, that is a little bit more to the heavy side, but like you said, not a featherweight or a porker.

1 - 20 of 981 Posts